The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 08:43:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OBSCURE (Join & O.O.C.)  (Read 5510 times)
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« on: March 10, 2007, 12:14:46 pm »

Oligarchic Belligerent Sacral Council for Ubiquitous Resurrection and Extortion

The Three OBSCURE Rules:

• You shall obey the Rules and Instructions of the Forum and Staff.
  • You shall obey the Rules and Instructions of the Council Authourity, except where such would conflict with the First Rule.
  • You shall protect the Council, except where such would conflict with the First or Second Rule.

Council Operation:

• Council Authourity rests with the Council Elders.
  • The current Council Elders are:  Ottens, IceSixxx, Fantômas
  • Through unanimous agreement of all Council Elders may a Council Member be elected Elder.

Council Protocol:

• Council Members carry the word "OBSCURE" in their signature.
  • Council Members work for the sake of the Council.  This includes attempting to recruit new Members.
  • Council Members may voice their opinions and Council Elders may consult Members in their decision-making proces.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 01:55:50 pm by Ottens » Logged
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 12:20:41 pm »

People may apply for membership in this thread.  Of course I will quickly appoint a handful of Elders to preserve the oligarchian character of the Council.

If you have absolutely no clue what this is about, please see this thread.  Thank You.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 12:23:59 pm by Ottens » Logged
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 09:32:29 pm »

Question: am i supposed to give my counsel it's own thread like this?

"There will always be a lost world for you here..." - Atterton

Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash and i am delighted to say i have no grasp of it whatsoever!
IceSixxx
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 02:38:26 am »

Mr. Ottens,
I do have to say that I find you very talented to set up stories, and particulary for role playing.  I'm impressed.
Thereby I would like to propose my humble person as a member of the OBSCURE Council.  In the shadow I will stay.  In the light I will strike.
May I ask Your Elderly what will the purposes of the Council be? (except Ulterior Resurection and Extortion, of course)  Do I have to heat up the boilers, Sir?  Is this...WAR?!

Waiting to hearing from you,

Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 03:24:07 pm »

Mr koskolou: yes the intent is that you open a separate thread for your own Council should you want to create one.

Mr IceSixxx, you are accepted as a member of OBSCURE.  Please note that we do not discuss our Council's objectives in public.
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 03:11:43 am »

OBSCURE demans people Join the Council!!!!!  Wink
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 03:53:35 pm »

There will be a council of OBSCURE members shortly.  It is imperative that we should discuss our agenda under the watchful eye of the Council Elders.  I call upon all to join our cause and appeal to your intellect to work in great peril for the sake of our Council.

For masses are lazy and unintelligent; they have no love for instinctual renunciation, and they are not to be convinced by arguments of its inevitability; and the individuals composing them support one another in giving free rein to their indiscipline.

So destructive is human nature that it is only through the influence of individuals who can set an example and whom masses recognize as their leaders that they can be induced to perform the work and undergo the renunciations on which the existence of civilization depends.

All this sets a terribly hostile society that could implode if it were not for civilizing forces and developing government.
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 11:17:45 pm »

With Fantômas' acceptance of the position of Council Elder, OBSCURE Authourity is now three-headed. 
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 12:13:33 am »

I believe it would be wise to elect a Representative to the "Neutral Council Chambers" and would prefer one of the Elders to function as our intermediary with the other Councils.
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 12:27:15 am »

OBSCURE, with the alliance of PIRATES and ISHMEAL, I am very much afraid of attack. Perhaps if we join forces, we could be strong enough to retaliate!
ProfDelphiniusTucker
Gunner

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 02:13:03 am »

Shall we be needing a logo? for I would be willing to make one.

Professor Delphinius S. Tucker
Professor of Technological Masteries, Religion, and History.
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 11:23:35 am »

Professor, we'd welcome any concept that you might provide us with, although no decision has been made yet about the necessity for a recognizable symbol for our Council.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 11:28:32 am by Ottens » Logged
ProfDelphiniusTucker
Gunner

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 10:16:21 pm »

My concept design: simple, yet effective:

Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 11:11:09 pm »

Perhaps something of more abstract design would be more effective, more menacing as symbol?
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 08:58:09 am »

We at the UFAS are ecstatic at your acceptance of our alliance! Hopefully this will help keep us both safe from the restless PIRATE (who are now aided my ISHMEAL). Please accept this gift of air-kraken shushi from breeza (an air-state)!
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 02:14:45 pm »

It appears that by some mistake this thread has been regarded by a member of Staff as being of greater importance than the other Council topics.  I will request that this thread will be de-stickyfied.

On an entirely difference plane, we welcome Sir Miss Radio Saturday to our Council!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 06:56:52 pm by Ottens » Logged
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 08:01:17 am »

UFAS has recieved your invitation, but for the moment must decline. You see, one of our air-states, Cumulipolis, has experienced a crisis when the greenhouse district caught fire. They desperately need crops to keep the populace alive until things are restored. Salvage seems to not realize the urgency of the situation, and has not answered our desperate cries. I know that our treaty is purely defensive, but in the interest of human life, we humbly ask you for assistance.

OOC: I am pretty sure Radio saturday is a girl,just so you know...
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 06:56:29 pm »

I lay before the Elders of OBSCURE a proposal to change our Council's name, from:

Oligarchic Belligerent Sacral Council for Ulterior Resurrection and Extortion

into:

Oligarchic Belligerent Sacral Council for Ubiquitous Resurrection and Extortion

Mr IceSixxx and Sir Fantomas, please let your opinions be heard.
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 12:26:52 am »

OBSURE, we highly appreciate your assistance. The medicine you are sending will certainly help in the effort to stabilize things on Cumulipolis. Unfortunately, food is what is most needed, and salvage does not seem to be cooperating. We understand your position however, and will not ask for what you don't have to give. As for our payment to you, it is no object. Name your price and we will oblige.
Fantômas
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

As many steps ahead of this claim as I want to be.

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 01:39:58 am »

I second the motion.

" 'I' Is For 'Infamy' "
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 02:20:37 pm »

Current State of Affairs:

OBSCURE has officially been renamed "Oligarchic Belligerent Sacral Council for Ubiquitous Resurrection and Extortion".

Miss Radio Saturday and Mr. IceSixxx are currently at Sentry City.

Sir Fantomas and Professor Tucker are currently en route for the City of Salvage upon having delivered medical supplies at the UFAS.

Mr. Ottens is currently at the City of Salvage.
Fantômas
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2007, 06:27:22 am »

Current State of Affairs:

OBSCURE has officially been renamed "Oligarchic Belligerent Sacral Council for Ubiquitous Resurrection and Extortion".

Miss Radio Saturday and Mr. IceSixxx are currently at Sentry City.

Sir Fantomas and Professor Tucker are currently en route for the City of Salvage upon having delivered medical supplies at the UFAS.

Mr. Ottens is currently at the City of Salvage.

so he's on board then?...where? he hasn't contacted me.
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 12:00:26 pm »

Well he is ought to be, but unfortunately he hasn't responded to my PMs as of yet . . . let's just assume that is on board  Wink
Fantômas
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 01:11:13 pm »

I've updated the OBSCURE travel journal. There seems to be NO free port of salvage thread? I would post there otherwise...I looked...is it called something else?

I think we are lacking something. sure an insignia is great, I am working on that already and you will like it and if not I can do something else, but I think you will like it.

Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 01:47:00 pm »

It's sticky-fied at the top of the Portrayal board...  Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: