The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 14, 2018, 08:54:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone get steampunk gifts for the holidays?  (Read 2707 times)
D Judson Purcell
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 07:58:22 pm »

Hush, Ms Annie, good girls get steampunk gifts from Santa, bad girls get presents from bad gentlemen... [twirls moustache]

I read this while quite innocently twirling my moustache.....

D Judson Purcell, Proprietor and Contraptionist
"I cannot guarantee that it will work, but I can guarantee that it will be late."
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 01:13:24 pm »

I think I'm safe unless someone got some etchings for Christmas ...

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
annevpreussen
Gunner
United States United States

Captain Annemarie of the Eagle's Arrow Airship

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 03:37:59 am »

I really do have a habit of starting threads and then ignoring them for weeks on end... whoops. But I'm happy to hear about the presents you all received, whether you were good, bad, or somewhere in between  Wink

I wear goggles so you can't see when I'm staring at you.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 05:24:44 am »

I really do have a habit of starting threads and then ignoring them for weeks on end... whoops. But I'm happy to hear about the presents you all received, whether you were good, bad, or somewhere in between  Wink

I haven't gotten mine yet. I was witing to see how safe it was to spend money...  Oddly enough, I haven't ordered because I was still recovering from the missed days of work during Xmas and New Years... Oh, the irony. Undecided

Synistor 303
Officer
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2018, 07:28:03 am »

I haven't gotten mine yet. I was witing to see how safe it was to spend money...  Oddly enough, I haven't ordered because I was still recovering from the missed days of work during Xmas and New Years... Oh, the irony. Undecided

How's the weather up there now? Struggling against it, or has it settled down?
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 08:18:00 am »

I really do have a habit of starting threads and then ignoring them for weeks on end... whoops. But I'm happy to hear about the presents you all received, whether you were good, bad, or somewhere in between  Wink

I haven't gotten mine yet. I was witing to see how safe it was to spend money...  Oddly enough, I haven't ordered because I was still recovering from the missed days of work during Xmas and New Years... Oh, the irony. Undecided

How's the weather up there now? Struggling against it, or has it settled down?

Like a roller coaster. Sharp oscillations of temperature this week. Dry and near record highs today Thursday: 22 C / 72 F , a cool Friday at 14 C / 57 F, and back up to 23 C / 74 F on Sunday, with rain on Tuesday.

Cool, not cold at the most, and freezing temperatures are long gone. Computer models are all over the map for February. Some models predict another cool wave in the middle of February. Others predict warm weather. Too soon to tell. The only thing we know is that the winter was very dry overall, in spite of the snow.

Texas weather is supposed to be very wet in Autumn and Winter, humid with no rain in Summer, and August being the hottest and dryest month. Rain from October through January is when we get our drinking water. But the trend over the last 20 years is that winters are now very dry, and instead, the month of August has been unusually wet with increasing rain for the last 4 years. My uneducated guess is that the quasi "monsoon" rains of Central America are moving north over time. It does take the edge off the 40+ C / 104+ F  peak temperatures in August, but at the expense of feeling like you're in a Sauna. Texas is already very humid in summer owing to wind from the Gulf of Mexico, but when you add rain you start to grow gills like the residents of Innsmouth, Massachussetts*

*Ref. "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" HP Lovecraft
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 08:22:40 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
jagger7
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2018, 09:48:16 pm »

I didn't get anything remarkably steampunk, but did receive a nice little accessory which brings a touch of steampunk to my wardrobe every day. My brother got me this mechanical pocket watch https://www.engraversguild.co.uk/personalised-pocket-watches/mechanical-silver-ravel-pocket-watch/

He he had it personalised with a cool inscription saying: "I tell you all the time, you will never be able to replace me with a brass and steam contraption". I'm not sure what he was trying to tell me... but he is always having to remind me about places I should be at certain times!
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2018, 10:25:09 am »

I almost have my Xmas "self-gift" finished!

Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2018, 12:08:02 am »

Fabulous  head gear. That project exceeded expectations
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2018, 08:22:45 am »

Fabulous  head gear. That project exceeded expectations

Thank you  Cheesy A conversation starter with customers who walk into the shop. Very user friendly it turned out to be too. We are experiencing pleasant warmish Spring days now, but it's still cold and windy at night. It comes in handy (worn without the spike) in the high wind, which would otherwise blow a normal hat off. The plate/base of the spike still needs to be attached. I'm procrastinating a bit in sewing the Velcro triangles which will be used to attach the base, but I won't let the week pass without finishing it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: