The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 23, 2018, 10:39:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inexpensive repro eyeglass frames  (Read 182 times)
groomporter
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

HMA Todd, Combined Highland Expeditionary Force

« on: December 17, 2017, 04:13:58 am »

The Jas Townsend & Son company is one of the least expensive sources for reproduction eyeglass frames that I have seen. They now have an early 19th century set as cheap as $17.50. They are honest and admit that set is "unplated (brass) so they will turn your face green.". But if you coat the bits that touch skin with some clear fingernail polish you should be able to avoid that. They currently have two 19th century styles and they were also carrying some pince nez frames for a while, but they have been having problems getting more of the Pince nez from the maker when I asked about them in October.

http://www.townsends.us/catalogsearch/result/?q=eyeglass+frames

If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
-Spider Robinson
Lepidoptera
Gunner

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 05:38:15 am »

Those are all quite reasonable! I will have to look into that.
groomporter
Zeppelin Admiral

HMA Todd, Combined Highland Expeditionary Force

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 02:25:48 am »

I've got a pair of their 18th century frames for reenacting and have been happy with them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: