The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 23, 2017, 04:05:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top ten guests for Halloween  (Read 180 times)
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: October 15, 2017, 02:42:16 pm »

In previous years we've sorted out the films and music for the perfect Halloween bash, but what about the guests? Imagine we had a time machine and can pick up up any guests from any time we want? You could go for the great historical horrors such as Vlad the Impailer and Ivan the Terrible, but they might not be so much fun at a party, so I'll be sticking to guests that are mainly from the film and music world (hence putting this thread in Aural-Ocular keeping the previous year's ones company). Anyway, here are my thoughts...

The first three guests are, for me at least, very obvious - Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Vincent Price. The three of them have played some of the most despicable characters imaginable, but by all accounts were, in real life, affable good company. Of course, you might ask about the other classic movie monster actors, particularly Boris Karloff (or rather William Henry Pratt) and Bella Lugosi. Well, Bella was not on the list as it seems he was a bit of a depressive and would have pulled the party down, but I would have liked Mr Pratt except I didn't want to fill the whole list up with male actors. So, what about the actresses?

One has to be Jamie Lee Curtis, the Scream Queen herself, as she's in (as previously recorded) two of my favourite Halloween films (The Fog and Halloween - let's forget about the sequels, shall we?) Another was going to be Cassandra Peterson, creator of Elvira (as mentioned in my Halloween threads last year, I do like that character). However, after reading the comments around her appearance at Sheffield's HorrorCon earlier in the year I wasn't so sure. So instead, I'll have to extend the time machine to an inter-dimensional hopper and find a parallel universe in which the character of Elvira actually exists and invite her to the party.

That's enough actors - what about the creatives that actually give them something to act? Top of the list has to be May Shelley (nee Wollstonecraft), for not only creating one of the pillars of the horror cannon but also, arguably, the world's first science fiction novel. Also Edgar Allan Poe for the truly deranged gothic touch. And for someone to direct their imaginings, I'll go with Tim Burton, simply because his films are so much fun.

A couple more places to fill... I'll go with Siouxsie Sioux to represent the music side (how could I leave out the queen of goth?) and of course she can swap fashion tips with Elvira. And talking of fashion, my possibly slightly odd last choice would be Vivienne Westwood. Bear with me here; if you look at her historically inspired dresses, there's plenty of gothic creativity in there and I think she'd make a wonderful choice to dress the event.

So, who would be your choices?

Yours,
Miranda.
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 05:25:20 pm »

DEATH, Pratchett´s version.

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 06:23:54 pm »

I don't think I've ever had 10 characters for Halloween. I was fairly unimaginative as a child, and I can only recall the usual suspects, Batman and Count Dracula. I did however at my peak of nerd-iness do a decent Ghostbusters outfit,including the nuclear pack in the back.

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 07:42:03 pm »

So long as it's his day off   Grin

I don't think I've ever had 10 characters for Halloween. I was fairly unimaginative as a child, and I can only recall the usual suspects, Batman and Count Dracula. I did however at my peak of nerd-iness do a decent Ghostbusters outfit,including the nuclear pack in the back.

Hmm, maybe Bill Murray or Sigourney Weaver as both have a track record having been in other genre films (Zombieland and the original Alien*, respectively).

Yours,
Miranda.

*The first Alien was a great horror film but the second was action adventure, and let's not think about the other sequels...
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 05:50:42 am »

Better provide a good curry, then - DEATH loves a good curry!
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 02:29:22 pm »

Nonsense. This is Halloween. The time when the barriers between the living and the dead break down. We need a proper host, and Death is not it. We need Vincent Price as the guest of honour.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:52:41 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: