The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 23, 2017, 02:41:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: we are being being made fun off.  (Read 275 times)
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« on: October 03, 2017, 02:36:47 pm »

I don't know if anyone shared this before, because the article seems pretty dated.
 but i ran into this website, which is going on ranting about and making fun of our forum

http://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/steampunk-forum/1/

i thought maybe some of you would want to know, expecially if your posts are quoted on there.

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 03:37:03 pm »

Actually that was pretty tame by their standards. Could have been a lot more insulting...

That place is looking a bit dead these days, used to be quite a major website back then.

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 04:52:08 pm »

Actually that was pretty tame by their standards. Could have been a lot more insulting...

That place is looking a bit dead these days, used to be quite a major website back then.
I had no idea
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 06:28:49 pm »

I don't know if anyone shared this before, because the article seems pretty dated.
 but i ran into this website, which is going on ranting about and making fun of our forum

http://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/steampunk-forum/1/

i thought maybe some of you would want to know, expecially if your posts are quoted on there.

I shouldn't worry about it too much given how old the article is and the fact that almost all of the people who's posts were featured are no longer active here.

That and judging by a quick poke around the site it seems to have been created to host as much outrage-mongering opinionated cr*p as possible in the name of being 'edgy' and making a feeble attempt to be "funny".

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 06:48:56 pm »

My local super's web servers block that website.... Probably dodgy sources are tied into it.

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 10:36:48 pm »

Believe Mechanical Man is still around, but really, what a waste of bandwidth!
Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 12:52:32 am »

Part & parcel of being a Steampunk isn't it?  (Being made fun of that is)

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish

www.steampunkdj.co.uk  Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SteampunkDJ & Facebook https://www.facebook.com/steampunkdj
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 04:24:37 am »

meh, boring.

my frozen hamburger is a better roast than anything they could muster.

Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 10:30:16 am »

2nd quoted post.
Me.
And it still stands....

'You Sir, are the biggest spanner in the works.''

Anyone actually know this Chris 'Kewpuh' Binkley? He seems to have posted a lot of crap in 2009 and 2010 but nothing after that.

Perhaps he died.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 10:50:16 am »

Anyone actually know this Chris 'Kewpuh' Binkley? He seems to have posted a lot of crap in 2009 and 2010 but nothing after that.

Perhaps he died.

I heard a rumour that he got his first pubic hair....     Grin
CyanideCandy
Deck Hand
Poland Poland

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 03:36:41 pm »

Looks like one of these pages? where frustrated losers let off steam.. I would just ignore this.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 03:39:20 pm »

Looks like one of these pages? where frustrated losers let off steam.. I would just ignore this.

I would as well. But i couldn't just let it pass and not inform the people on this site. That just seemed wrong
Madasasteamfish
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 11:26:00 am »

I would as well. But i couldn't just let it pass and not inform the people on this site. That just seemed wrong

I'd say you did the right thing. I can't imagine that I'd appreciate having my online postings presented for public ridicule, and if nothing else, you've given the chance for a bit of schadenfreude.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 08:38:21 pm »

I'd say you did the right thing. I can't imagine that I'd appreciate having my online postings presented for public ridicule, and if nothing else, you've given the chance for a bit of schadenfreude.

Yeah, but even if you found out there were disparaging remarks about one of your posts somewhere, what, if any, could you do about it? Like the comments about my Sony laptop on the Internet, or when people stole my photos by cutting off the (giant sized) copyright advisory
Prof Marvel
Zeppelin Captain

learn from history, or be doomed to repeat it

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 04:13:21 am »

Yeah, but even if you found out there were disparaging remarks about one of your posts somewhere, what, if any, could you do about it? Like the comments about my Sony laptop on the Internet, or when people stole my photos by cutting off the (giant sized) copyright advisory

Therein is the rub-
the web is the new lawless frontier.
once you post photos on the interwebs, you might as well consider them already stolen. Unless you hire the Yakuza, There is no recourse,
as the Law Enforcement Agencies are undermanned, overwhelmed and waaaaaaayyyyyy behind the curve.

Regarding comments, mockings, etc,  the web is the psudo-anonymous avenue of the unwashed uncultured trolls. Again, little to no recourse.

one reason that I seldom post photos, and ignore the "mocking sites" ....

It's a mind-over-matter thing.

I don't mind cuz they don't matter.

yhs
prof marvel

Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of
Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions and Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
Synistor 303
Gunner
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 07:32:16 am »

Huh! I've been laughed at by far better people than them...
Madasasteamfish
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 10:41:40 am »

I can go to far better places than the internet to be laughed at/abused. Pretty much any family gathering for example....
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 11:11:33 am »

I can go to far better places than the internet to be laughed at/abused. Pretty much any family gathering for example....

this comment suddenly got sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: