The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 23, 2017, 05:58:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Accents And Dialects  (Read 131 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: September 30, 2017, 02:25:58 am »

What your favorite accents and/or dialect ?

Me:

Accent:

European French: A french children talking is the cutest thing i ever heard.

British, irish and scottish: Maybe because is the accents of the main superpower of the steam age or maybe is because is the accents of my celtic ancestors ( well, ok gauls surely doesn't have a british isle accent , but this the closest i know)

Dialect:

Germanic, scandinavian and slavic dialects:as a practioner of prehistoric animism, i am attracted by the atavic sound of this languages .

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
creagmor
Zeppelin Captain
South Africa South Africa

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 08:39:03 am »

For me it would be a strange combination; Irish and the stereotypical Indian (not to be confused with "Native American"). We have virtually none of the former here in South Africa, but a huge number of the latter.   

“Love is an emotional thing, and whatever is emotional is opposed to that cold true reason which I place above all things.” Sherlock Holmes, in The Sign of Four.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 12:12:05 pm »

I like the sound of the highland scottish accent a lot. Shocker, i know.
I also like irish accents and scandinavian accents (mostly Swedish and norwegian)

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 02:16:53 pm »

I don't think that I have a favourite accent, but rather a familiarity to a few

I was raised I  a private Spanish owned school. Mexican Spanish is very soft in some ways, but I got to listen to my teachers press this harsh Madrid Castilian pronunciation every day.

Yucatec Spanish (from the Southeast state of Yucatan in Mexico) as spoken by modern day Maya and Mestizo Mexicans is extremely distinctive, with a "pounced" pronunciation that is so harsh as to be somewhat equivalent in severity (but not in form obviously) to the tightest Scottish English. It only takes one time to hear it, and you'll never forget it. It's so unique you can switch to English words and clearly hear the accent, a demonstration I often use to amuse people. Yucatec is instantly recognisable, and I don't think anyone in Latin America speaks like that. Just next door in the Mexican state of Chiapas and the country of Guatemala, Mayans speak in a completely different way. Like if they were not related at all.

Argentinean Spanish is always fun to hear. Basically Spanish spoken with an Italian accent due to the massive 19th C Italian migration in that country.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: