The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 24, 2017, 02:39:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Steampunk sunglasses and Goggles  (Read 306 times)
sot1993
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: July 19, 2017, 06:54:25 am »

Hi Guys. I was scrolling on instagram and came accross an ad of a store called the urban crew (theurbancrew.com). I liked some of their items however after a bit of research, I was able to source similar products to some Chinese stores. Does anyone have experience with this store?

*mod edit - Unsure if spam or not!. Link removed, website URL remains visible. *
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:06:33 am by Siliconous Skumins » Logged
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 02:34:15 am »

I see very little on that website that could be considered of 'interest' to steampunks. Mostly seem to be cheap (MADE, not priced...) tat commonly found on many of the usual Chinese suppliers websites.   Undecided

I have a feeling that may be due to the website being based in China (or at least English is not their first language). Also seem to have a slight lack of understanding what steampunk is about, other than what a quick 'web search' has told them - some amusing wording used in the (only) "Blog" post though:

In fact, Steampunks are in most cases metal sunglasses, round sunglasses, vintage sunglasses with many ofter mirror lens.

Steampunk goggles are also similar to steampunk sunglasses but those are mostly directed to the "hardcore" steampunkers.

How to wear Steam Punk Sunglasses

Steam punk metal sunglasses are worn mostly over the head. This is the most common way to wear those vintage sunglasses. Wearing sunglasses this way is the fad and is not at all offensive to anyone. Authentic steampunk retro sunglasses worn over the head are surely going to give you a retro look of the goth steampunk age. Goggles look cool when worn over the forehead.

Uhhh.......ooookaay!   Huh

Most steampunk buffs will identify themselves while wearing steampunk sunglasses over their hats. Steampunk hats and sunglasses are a lethal combination especially when one is in his or her full steampunk gear. Wearing steampunk sunglasses over the hat is especially good for people who need to have their looking glasses or prescription glassed on as a measure to correct their eyesight.

Wait..........WAT!?   Undecided   

"Steampunk hats and sunglasses are a lethal combination especially when one is in his or her full steampunk gear."

OK, so they did just say that... Cheesy

Hipster Steampunk Sunglasses Style

Wearing steampunk sunglasses around the neck is another way to show your style statement and love for the steampunk theme. This is the most casual way to portray your cool attitude.

This look of wearing steampunk sunglasses around the neck is especially cool for hipsters and people who want to look accidentally casual vintage retro. This style statement of yours has a lot to speak about you. You may be too busy to put on your goggles back on your eyes or you might even want to make a style statement that is not too formal but still gets noticed.

Apart from that if you are a fanatic pet lover and your pet goes along with you everywhere, having your pet to wear your steampunk sunglasses will be a big style statement.

'Cause Steampunks and Hipster pet lovers are so totally....something something......*mumble*   ?!.... Huh

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Synistor 303
Gunner
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 06:02:15 am »

"...a retro look of the goth steampunk age..."    When was that age exactly? Was that just before the vandal steam-diesel age, or after it? Was it anywhere near the age of discontent? I'm confused... perhaps some history buff could get the ages sorted out for us?  Roll Eyes
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 06:43:09 pm »

"Steampunk hats and sunglasses are a lethal combination especially when one is in his or her full steampunk gear."

[/quote]

They have obviously been watching too many Bond movies ......

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Steamborg 1889
Swab

Poland Poland

Gravatar

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 09:58:16 pm »

FYI: I've seen some of these glasses on AliExpress for like 2-5 USD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: