The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 01:02:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My interest in Steampunk has altered what I wear in real life.  (Read 226 times)
Deadulus
Swab

United States United States

« on: July 18, 2017, 08:37:00 am »

Just thought I'd put this out there.....

I got interested in Steampunk about 3 years ago.  Wanting 'period' clothes to wear and accessorize but being pretty much dirt poor, I sat my self down in front of the computer for 6 months, broke out my mom's old sewing machine and taught myself to sew.  I now wear Victorian/Edwardian style shirts and trousers about 85% of the time.  Being "Prosperously Bellied" it is more comfortable for me to wear Braces than a belt cinched around me.  And I do get the occasional comment all positive so far.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 08:49:50 pm »

It is so satisfying sewing something for oneself - with extra kudos for being self taught! Yes, it can be time consuming, but rewarding when you achieve the perfect fit.

Yours,
Miranda.
Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 03:57:35 pm »

Well Done Deadulus, trousers are particularly difficult to fit.
I did it the other way around.  I loved the Victorian look and already had a few pieces and accessories when I discovered that what I was doing fit into something called steampunk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: