The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 06:22:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto  (Read 370 times)
Machinecoin
Deck Hand
United States United States

Machinecoin
« on: July 12, 2017, 08:31:26 pm »

Has anyone heard of or use Cryptocurrencies here?
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 09:05:21 pm »

You mean like Bitcoins?

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Machinecoin
Deck Hand

Machinecoin
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 05:10:38 am »

You mean like Bitcoins?

Yes, exactly Cheesy I'm just wondering if anyone here is into them. Not just Bitcoin, but the alts too.
Machinecoin
Deck Hand

Machinecoin
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 06:00:43 pm »

You mean like Bitcoins?
Yes, exactly Cheesy I'm just wondering if anyone here is into them. Not just Bitcoin, but the alts too.
I would like to connect with like minded individuals.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 10:40:37 pm »

You mean like Bitcoins?

I'm not sure if you came to the right forum for that

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 12:20:44 am »

You mean like Bitcoins?

Yep. If it doesn't have the face of a president in the front, I won't use it  Grin And even then we are all weary about it. Remember the last time we took in Confederate money?  The Greybacks looked like they were cut with scissors, and they had a legend which read:

"SIX MONTHS AFTER THE RATIFICATION OF A TREATY OF PEACE BETWEEN THE CONFEDERATE STATES AND THE UNITED STATES, the "CONFEDERATE STATES OF AMERICA WILL PAY [amount of bill] TO BEARER"

Huh. Never saw my money back... Grin

wazantema
Deck Hand
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 04:21:54 pm »

Why, yes! I have invested some of my money into Bitcoin and occasionally switch it to altcoins (mostly Ethereum, but I've also dabbled with Maidsafecoin, Dash, Litecoin, Peercoin and a few others). I bought my first Bitcoin in late 2015, but unfortunately I have sold most of it, making only minimal profits. I initially invested about 530 euros (which is a lot of money to me, I'm a student), at a price of 400 per Bitcoin, then I sold all but 80 euros worth. Now those 80 euros turned into over 400. Makes me wish I kept all of the initial investment! Anyways, what has your experience with cryptocurrencies been like?
Machinecoin
Deck Hand

Machinecoin
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 02:11:18 am »

Why, yes! I have invested some of my money into Bitcoin and occasionally switch it to altcoins (mostly Ethereum, but I've also dabbled with Maidsafecoin, Dash, Litecoin, Peercoin and a few others). I bought my first Bitcoin in late 2015, but unfortunately I have sold most of it, making only minimal profits. I initially invested about 530 euros (which is a lot of money to me, I'm a student), at a price of 400 per Bitcoin, then I sold all but 80 euros worth. Now those 80 euros turned into over 400. Makes me wish I kept all of the initial investment! Anyways, what has your experience with cryptocurrencies been like?

I did the same... I would be a millionaire if I would have just held on to what I had.
Machinecoin
Deck Hand

Machinecoin
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 02:13:09 am »

You mean like Bitcoins?

Yep. If it doesn't have the face of a president in the front, I won't use it  Grin And even then we are all weary about it. Remember the last time we took in Confederate money?  The Greybacks looked like they were cut with scissors, and they had a legend which read:

"SIX MONTHS AFTER THE RATIFICATION OF A TREATY OF PEACE BETWEEN THE CONFEDERATE STATES AND THE UNITED STATES, the "CONFEDERATE STATES OF AMERICA WILL PAY [amount of bill] TO BEARER"

Huh. Never saw my money back... Grin

Hard to spend money with a president on it over the internet  Grin And if you mention paypal and credit cards, they are really expensive with the fees...
Machinecoin
Deck Hand

Machinecoin
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 02:15:10 am »

You mean like Bitcoins?

Maybe not... But I like steampunk, and I like crypto. Surely there are others out there like me.
Machinecoin
Deck Hand

Machinecoin
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 04:40:19 am »

I did the same... I would be a millionaire if I would have just held on to what I had.

I got started in 2014. I like to do research before I get involved in anything, so when my friend told me about Bitcoin, I researched it for weeks trying to grasp what it actually is. I was trying to learn how to be a technical guy, so I set up some miners and figured out how everything worked. That got me hooked.

I wanted a bunch of Bitcoin, but I didn't want to spend $400 a piece. I never imagined it would do what it has done (and is doing). So I decided to code my own coin and learn how it works from top to bottom, hoping I could earn Bitcoin that way. There was limited resources back then, but I found a few tutorials. That's when I came across Machinecoin. The guy who created Machinecoin is German, and posted all kinds of step by step instructions. With the help of google translate, I was able to follow his guides and get my own coin up and running... But then I thought to myself, why would I build my own coin when he just created Machinecoin, and he actually knew what he was doing... So, I aimed my miners at Machinecoin, and started sending the developer some artwork because he had none.

I ended up becoming the graphics guy for the coin. I have always loved art, so I am really happy doing it. 3 years later, I am still supporting them when I can. I am a loyal guy.

As far as the other coins, I am pretty well versed on what they have to offer. I bought some Bitcoins when they went back to $200, then bought into the Ethereum pre-sale. I made a good bit of money, then like you, I sold it for what I thought was a good deal. I made around $8000 or so... But if I would have held my 1970 Ethereum that I bought for roughly .45 cents a piece, multiply that at the current price of $300 and I cry every day.

On a side note... The advancements today are truly amazing, and I don't believe the vast majority of people realize what is happening right now. We are going through a technical revolution that is happening faster than any other previous revolution in recorded history. I am not just speaking of peer to peer banking, but everything related to information technology... Medicine, farming, space travel, automation.... You name it, information technology is involved, and is allowing collaboration to occur like never before.
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 05:32:21 am »

Why is this being discussed on Brass Goggles? Is there a new form of bitcoin based on analytical engines.
Machinecoin
Deck Hand

Machinecoin
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 05:59:37 am »

Why is this being discussed on Brass Goggles? Is there a new form of bitcoin based on analytical engines.
Because this is an "off topic" topic and he asked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: