The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 24, 2017, 12:13:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing user name  (Read 161 times)
LouiseSJPP
Swab

France France

« on: June 13, 2017, 05:52:59 pm »

In joining this forum, I have been kindly offered a choice of steampunk names by Nephele.  But I can't see a way of changing my username!  Is it possible?

Catriona Hussel
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:47:09 pm »

If I remember correctly, and I'd refer the question to Mr. Skummins, the absolute most that can be done is arrange it so that your avatar displays your changed name, but of someone wants to send you a message or for login purposes your old name still remains. The only way to really change the name is to start a new account.

Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 04:25:22 am »

The above is pretty much correct - except for the bit about PMs, they will also use the new forum display name when sending, though you as the recipient may still see your old account name. Also when logging on to the forum you would use your old name that you registered with, but after that everything on the forum will show up under your new "screen name".

It *is* possible to change the account name on the forum, but it is horribly complicated and usually causes other issues that are not easily fixed without digging down in the forum Admin settings / forum software.

If you want to change the screen display name, I can do that for you, or if you would prefer to create a new account, I can delete the old one for you (and removing all old posts if you desire). Just PM me or let me know here.  Smiley

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: