The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 05:36:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Infinite Library - stereopticon images  (Read 359 times)
polyphemus
Zeppelin Captain

« on: June 09, 2017, 01:15:36 am »

A series of stereopticon images from some of the later expeditions to the interior. It was at this time that a concerted effort to map the routes was undertaken.

Polphemus Pomfret
"Don't be silly. He wouldn't write,"Aaarrgghhh!"
"Perhaps he was dictating."
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 06:14:48 pm »

I love stereographic images! Thank you for posting those - although I'll have to wait until my contact lenses are out to see them properly (I've just tried and my eyes were simply refusing to cross...)

Yours,
Miranda.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 06:59:12 pm »

Eeeeehhhhhh!!!!

Ahem. 

Brilliant stuff. 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
polyphemus
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 08:16:42 am »

Thank you all. Now I've got to build a stereopticon. This is an example of a project getting way out of hand. It started as something quite different and much more modest.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 11:58:24 am »

I've just tried these again (contact lenses out!) and they are working very nicely  Smiley. As mentioned, this is not using a stereogram, just crossing one's eyes (like when viewing the 'magic eye' pictures that were popular back in the 90s). The ones in the oval frames were the easiest to achieve this with, but with some playing with the page zoom the others worked too. Thanks again for posting up  Grin

Yours,
Miranda.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: