The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 08:41:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here is a quick project i did.  (Read 447 times)
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: May 27, 2017, 03:43:44 am »

This was a friday night project I run out quickly to solve a problem - the problem being a cheap electronic component test meter I purchased, needed a case to keep the bare electronics safe. So if I'm building a case, why not make it steampunk (even though this is a part of my electronics work bench tools)... Wink

Rather usefully, the brass handle on the top (used to hang this on a hook at my bench) also folds down and tucks under the base to elevate the top end of the meter as it lays flat on the bench, which gives a better angle to view the LCD screen while working with it. Bonus! Grin

Yeah I know it not a very "steampunky" device, but I have to keep it somewhat practical as I use this a lot for checking old an unknown component values. Still, I tried to make it look as old and beaten out of shape as some of my real Victorian era wooden tools are. It was just a fun 30 minutes project using the random crap I had spread around my work desk area. Cheesy

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 06:36:26 am »

Now you need to make a steampunk "anomaly detector" a la the Ghost Adventures series, using basically the same device. And as far as looks, it's actually a lot like the stuff that people were making back in the early days of the SP movement.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:38:07 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 07:44:23 am »

Now you need to make a steampunk "anomaly detector" a la the Ghost Adventures series, using basically the same device. And as far as looks, it's actually a lot like the stuff that people were making back in the early days of the SP movement.

I though that was a Steampunk Trichorder...

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 07:49:49 am »

Nice work. Practical and effective, with a bit of character!
Hektor Plasm
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

All-Round Oddfellow.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 07:45:28 pm »

Yes- nice workings around the modern bits  Wink.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that uses the excuse to SP up any little thing that needs knocking up!

HP

"all die! o, the embarrassment."
H Plasm Esq. ICUE    Avatar by and with kind permission of Dr Geof. Ta!!

Some musings:-
http://hektorplasm.blogspot.co.uk/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: