The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 03:00:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Splendid Day Out, Morecambe  (Read 415 times)
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« on: May 23, 2017, 08:24:53 pm »

Just thought I'd remind folk that A Splendid Day Out is 3rd - 4th June, and looking at their website it is going to be splendid indeed, they are even promising gin. We'll be there, hopefully; do say hello if you see me.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 06:04:55 pm »

Just thought I'd remind folk that A Splendid Day Out is 3rd - 4th June, and looking at their website it is going to be splendid indeed, they are even promising gin. We'll be there, hopefully; do say hello if you see me.

Do have a wonderful time - let's hope the current incredible weather continues for it. On the other hand, Steampunk attire can be a bit hot, so maybe it could do with cooling down just a bit...

Yours,
Miranda.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 07:30:57 pm »

Unfortunately we in the WMSA shall be hunting dinosaurs

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 10:18:02 pm »

Will they be having a splendid day sequel later in the year...?

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 10:49:58 am »

Yes, just a bit cooler, but no precipitation would be nice.

Good luck to all involved with the dinosaur hunting; one of the BBC Breakfast weather forecasters was broadcasting from the Botanic Gardens with dinos in the background and they looked really fun.

I think that SDO are planning their usual smaller event for October and hopefully I'll have some dates when we return.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 07:29:14 pm »

This was indeed a splendid day out with an airship pirate theme and lots of things to look at.  As usual I got so carried away I forgot the importance of taking photos, but there are quite a few in the gallery on their website.  The autumn event is 13th - 15th October and will be a smaller affair usually a market and entertainers, but still worth a visit if you are in the area; otherwise put the date in your diary for 2018 - the first weekend in June.  (And no, I'm not on commission!)
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 06:51:53 pm »

Is anyone going to Morecambe for the autumn ASDO weekend?  We hope to be there both days (14th and 15th Oct).
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 10:13:46 am »

Is anyone going to Morecambe for the autumn ASDO weekend?  We hope to be there both days (14th and 15th Oct).

at least for the saturday
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 06:38:35 pm »

We did consider going and combining this with a trip to the Blackpool illuminations, but on reflection we felt it was a bit too close to Whitby and two relatively long journeys in quick succession would be a bit too heavy going. However, we plan to be a bit more on the ball for the spring event in 2018, or maybe swap Whitby for next October's Splendid Day Out.

Yours,
Miranda.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 04:24:40 pm »

Dear Never Mind the Cogs
Do feel free to say hello if you see me.

Dear Miranda
The last couple of years the June event has been the bigger of the two although there is still a lot of splendidness in the autumn event.  We are also looking forward to Whitby a couple of weeks later.
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 11:16:30 am »

Unfortunately, I do not goto events, they are either far away and between or plans are already in affect. Pretty much, the only event I have had attended was TeslaCon here in the Midwest(as they call it) some years ago.

Now, with all of this talk here, how come no one ever seems to use their phone camera?

And Links don't count.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:18:05 am by Drew P » Logged

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 01:38:27 pm »

Dear Cora,
How did the Splendid Day Out go? The weather certainly seemed to be playing along for once.

Yours,
Miranda.

P.S. Will you be around Whitby next Saturday and/or Sunday?
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 07:26:11 pm »

Dear Miranda

A Splendid Day Out was great fun, although considerably smaller than the June event, but the same friendly atmosphere as always.  And, as always, I spent so much time talking I forgot to take photographs!

We are indeed going to Whitby, actually from the day after tomorrow for a week (unless my mother-in-law takes a turn for the worse).  We'd love to catch up with you if you're around but because I never look at a computer when I am away I'll PM you my mobile number and perhaps you could text me if you are free.

Best wishes
Cora
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: