The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 23, 2017, 04:46:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who wants to start an RPG with an American? (I'm apologizing now)  (Read 380 times)
ladylullaby
Swab

United States United States

@whoisthisricki
« on: May 09, 2017, 09:51:34 pm »

Howdy folks
I'm just a small-town girl (no I'm not) living in a lonely world (of steam), looking for something fun and mentally stimulating to do between studying too hard for uni and working too long for rent. An escape, one could say, is required.
I'm the kind of writer who is all too aware of her own cringiness in casual writing but goes out of my way to make sure that doesn't translate into my fiction. My style is grossly dark and the kind of funny that makes you feel bad for laughing.

I'm looking for 5-6 people preferably (groups too big get confused quickly in my experience) to join me on a role playing adventure into the gloriously fashionable and questionably moral Victorian era. The setting will probably include a little bit of America (because SALOONS and ROLLING LANDSCAPES and HORSES and GUNS WOW) but honestly I would rather write an adventure into a somewhat fictional London.

For those of you willing to join, I will take up the first 5-6 commenters and, although I know I come off as a control freak, I'm really not and would be fine if we were somewhat leaderless and shared control of the plot in an organic way.
Here are a few props of plot I am look for a shared interest in:
Hot air balloons, sci fi, Jules Verne, action, science, mystery, some more science, whimsy, and science.
The prompt to begin the adventure will be at the discretion of the group once we are formed and have gone over our similarities, OR if someone in the group has a kick-ass idea.

Stay wild, my friends. 

"Piss off" ~Oscar Wilde, probably
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 03:59:35 am »

Would this RP take place on here (Brass Goggles) or on some other site?

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
emc
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 07:51:13 pm »

Hi,
I have only ever spent a couple of hours role playing but would love to get involved if you don't mined a bit of an amateur. I am from London so may not be too good with the american side of things (just a warning) but am sure it wont be too different.
SkyCityMint
Deck Hand

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 02:52:38 pm »

Hi, I've been thinking of doing something similar... maybe we could see if our ideas align? I sent you a pm.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:20:49 pm by SkyCityMint » Logged
Peter Brassbeard
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 12:58:28 am »

RPG covers a lot of territory in terms of game style.  Could you be a little more specific?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: