The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 03:15:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House Pics  (Read 1140 times)
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2017, 12:32:47 pm »

I have plans.  (Oh, the plans I have.  They're the best plans.  You'll see these plans, respond 'oh my word those are the best plans I've ever seen'). 

Unfortunately I don't yet have the money.  Or the house.  Or the circumstances to go looking for the house.  In the meantime though I'm very much enjoying seeing what others have done.

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2017, 02:18:16 am »

Same here, James!
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2017, 08:28:50 am »

I'm more of a no fuss, contemporary minimalist kinda guy, here's a few piccies of my hellhole abode, a constant work in progress.  Wink
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is fabulousness!!
Quin
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

Not mad, just a little odd...

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2017, 09:31:38 pm »

Loving this thread! 

Here are a few pics of my "Steampunk den" (i.e. my basement rec room) which houses my Cabinet of Curiosities (always in progress):

If you're interested in more, you can see the whole posting over on my website, including work-in-progress shots and details on how a lot of the bits were done.

Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 02:01:49 am »

Oh Mr Quin you are just showing off  Wink

You den of iniquity  has a real atmosphere
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2017, 08:29:27 am »

Loving this thread! 

Here are a few pics of my "Steampunk den" (i.e. my basement rec room) which houses my Cabinet of Curiosities (always in progress):

If you're interested in more, you can see the whole posting over on my website, including work-in-progress shots and details on how a lot of the bits were done.

Cool looking sanctuary there!

Quin
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

Not mad, just a little odd...

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 01:08:44 pm »

You den of iniquity  has a real atmosphere

If atmosphere is just another word for "clutter" then you bet! Tongue  I'm trying to cram as much into a tiny space as possible, so every time someone visits, they see something new.

Seveneves' photos are jaw-dropping.
Lord Pentecost
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 08:48:33 pm »

What you can do in a rented flat....

and the cabinet of curiosities

"A lot of people never use their initiative because no-one told them to" - Banksy
Synistor 303
Gunner
Australia Australia

Zenyna Ironbracker

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 09:09:35 am »

Oooo! I Love the Cabinet of curiosities! I'm working on building one which should be done in about 20 more years... But I have a few bits and pieces on the go to put in it. I found this little tacker in the garden - took me 3 goes to knock it out with the shovel but I managed it. Popped it in the freezer for a bit to 'freeze dry' it, then put it under glass. I am a bit worried it isn't 100% deadibones, but as long as I keep the cabinet...

mizzarrogh
Gunner
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2017, 01:27:27 pm »

I realy love the cabinet too (and that thing, whatever he is...) of course... Smiley )

Don´t worry guys, i lived for years in a tiny flat for same reasons, i did not even owned it so i could do next to nothing about the interiour, but there was still lot of fun projects possible to do there with furnitures and stuff, i bought a couple of big clay flowerpots on a local auktion i used to grow my tiny little garden in as well...  it was in fact realy fun to think out solutions to make room for all those things, i had an old sewing macine in my bedroom so i could put it under my bed when i needed to sleep, but it worked perfectly well anyway for all the stuff i made back in time. I can asure You that it´s more fun to put money in fun projects then put most of my incom in fixing suey leaks and elektricity fails, etc even if i realy, realy love the old house. Smiley

Last day i spent in a suey dith standing in that mess upto my elbows and all ower my knees, filled up my boots, etc, instead of in front of my sewing macine... ha ha!  Grin
All my loved plants i spent Years with in my flat frozed to death ower a night last winter due to failin centralheating, i had to spend ower 5 000$ only in building material (wich is a heck a lot of money in my world... Since i hawe a normal, low paid 7-5  work. ) to fix the leaking roof, etc. Just to draw a few examples...  Smiley

You don´t need to do all that in a warm and cosy flat...

Edit, I could not afford a house in perfect shape either, but i think if i had it had probably been a modern house with modern standards, etc Yes comfortable an good looking, etc, but where is the fun in that? What is the fun i pre made solutions everyone else hawe? It´s so much more fun hawing something unike, something that You can shape and personal design out of Your own head. I hawe never regreted that a single moment, even if it was my old sunky flat, it still had the potential and i dont think i had seen it if i just had come there with tons of moneybags and pre buyed everything as pre made standard solutions instead of the need for thinking out other solutions and using Your own fantasy. I know i am a dreamer, but is´t that true?  Smiley

(Sorry for my Terrible English...)

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 02:00:20 pm by mizzarrogh » Logged
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2017, 11:09:00 am »

What you can do in a rented flat....

and the cabinet of curiosities

Oooo! I Love the Cabinet of curiosities! I'm working on building one which should be done in about 20 more years... But I have a few bits and pieces on the go to put in it. I found this little tacker in the garden - took me 3 goes to knock it out with the shovel but I managed it. Popped it in the freezer for a bit to 'freeze dry' it, then put it under glass. I am a bit worried it isn't 100% deadibones, but as long as I keep the cabinet...

Some great photos since I last visited. A cabinet of curiosities is a must methinks, small or large, can be added to as and when those little wonders are found.

Keep 'em coming ladies and gents, keep 'em coming.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: