The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 08:20:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Tempest" - Original Airship Art  (Read 418 times)
Xbwalker
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: May 01, 2017, 04:27:03 am »

I had an artist commission a painting for the book I am working on. I thought I would share it with you.

I have to say, seeing my writing translated to art is really cool.

Since steampunk is so very visual, I plan to have 1-2 of these in every chapter. I did some research online and, apparently, there is no real consensus on this type of novel. Some call it pictonovel which I think is lame. I'm going to call it a "Visual Novel."

Check out the artist Here>>http://brandon-ellis.deviantart.com/

Here is a snippet from chapter 4 which this is based out of.

Jim’s world erupted. Underneath him, the bag rippled and steel shrieked. The storm slammed into the ship like a wall of stone. Instantly, the sky had gone dark. Clouds of black swirled around him.The drone of fighters was overwhelming. Crashes of thunder, clanging of alarm bells, ether cube engines, and Turngun fire. The air itself was laden with noise.

The first firefly moved so quickly, he wasn’t sure he’d seen it at all. Flying sideways, the insect shaped craft slid by him, firing its low caliber nose gun at the emplacement next to him. Though the sound of the tempest was disorienting, he could see a young man shouting in defiance as he opened up on the small craft.

Not to be discluded, Jim grabbed the cranks of his own turngun.

SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 09:43:45 am »

Good choice of artist, I like that.........

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: