The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 23, 2017, 02:45:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It Is Just Me Or Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister Might Be A Closet Steampunk  (Read 405 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:20:09 pm »

Please Excuse Me If I Take The Linking Shortcut:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/2c/d5/be/2cd5be0d03e6fcb2e61041f1a4858949.jpg
http://loudwire.com/files/2012/11/156335376-1.jpg
http://www.metalinjection.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/lemmy-kilmister-tumor-cancer.jpg

And Here A Bit Of Fan Art To Finish:
http://luisomar.cgsociety.org/art/cartoon-zbrush-character-3dsmax-corona-characterdesign-renderer-photoshop-caricature-fanart-lemmy-motorhead-3d-3dcartoon-kilmister-tribute-1734349

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 12:09:35 am »

You mean, "Lemmy was" not "Lemmy is." Lemmy passed away in December 2015. He never struck me as being particularly Steampunk.

Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 12:44:35 pm »

You mean, "Lemmy was" not "Lemmy is." Lemmy passed away in December 2015. He never struck me as being particularly Steampunk.

His 'esoteric' collecting hobbies would lean more towards Dieselpunk if anything at all.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 01:41:11 pm »

You mean, "Lemmy was" not "Lemmy is." Lemmy passed away in December 2015.  

Oups, my bad.  Embarrassed

And yeah, i was going with dieselpunk first but the '' shortened top hat''  kind of derailed me for this.
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 03:48:52 am »

Holy far-fetched batsteam-man.....

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

So English even the English don't get it!

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 06:25:42 pm »

Well I guess you have to remember that Lemmy (Gawd rest his soul) was born in December 1945. WW2 had only been over for a few months, and the subsequent decades he grew up in very much defined who he was as they often do. He would've been old enough to remember the official end of rationing in 1957, and probably caught a ride on a few steam trains as they didn't begin to get changed over to Diesel well into the '50s here in the UK. He was around at a time when a lot of key events happened obviously, including of course in music. He was a keen collector of Nazi memorabilia (apparently his abode rather resembled a museum by the end) Once when queried about it he famously replied "I just collect the stuff I don't collect the ideas". Point being I think a lot of folks born in the late 40s/early 50s who grew up in the UK, would inevitably have steam (and of course petrol & Diesel) etched into their souls. So perhaps not as unlikely a question as some folks might think.

Have her steamed and brought to my tent!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: