The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 13, 2017, 10:08:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Steampunk Artist(s)  (Read 595 times)
Xbwalker
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: April 21, 2017, 08:29:40 pm »

Hi guys, some of you may know I'm working on a novel. It's plodding along but, one thing that most can agree on is, steampunk is VERY visual. I am seeking an artist or artists to pen some art for my novel. Once I am done with it, I plan to release it to Amazon and some other digital distribution locations. With each chapter will be a picture demonstrating a part of that chapter that perhaps sticks out to the artist and thus hopefully the reader.

If anyone here is interested and has some art examples for me to look over, let me know.

Side note: Some friends and I are also working on a steampunk airship game in Unreal 4 engine. We may be interested in some art for loading screens and inspiration.

Thanks all!
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 08:35:21 pm »

Hi guys, some of you may know I'm working on a novel. It's plodding along but, one thing that most can agree on is, steampunk is VERY visual. I am seeking an artist or artists to pen some art for my novel. Once I am done with it, I plan to release it to Amazon and some other digital distribution locations. With each chapter will be a picture demonstrating a part of that chapter that perhaps sticks out to the artist and thus hopefully the reader.

If anyone here is interested and has some art examples for me to look over, let me know.

Side note: Some friends and I are also working on a steampunk airship game in Unreal 4 engine. We may be interested in some art for loading screens and inspiration.

Thanks all!

You know? We should have a" fan art" section. Not to get free artwork or anything like that, but after browsing my much-neglected account in DeviantArt lately, it ocurred to me that in other fields like Manga Anime and western graphic novels, you get a lot of young people trying their hand at bringing some of these these characters to life (not to mention Cosplay, but I think we got that covered - albeit we tend to keep to our own characters...).

Xbwalker
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:03:39 pm »

Yeah I found a few great artists on deviantart and have reached out to them.

It surprises me though how little airship themed art is available online. I did google image searches and found maybe 50 decent pieces and 100 not so decent ones.

Mostly it's brass googles and outfits. Of course, those are awesome and make me wish I could hire my own steampunk tailor but, where's all the airship love!?

Smiley
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 11:36:02 pm »

Thanks all!

You know? We should have a" fan art" section. Not to get free artwork or anything like that, but after browsing my much-neglected account in DeviantArt lately, it ocurred to me that in other fields like Manga Anime and western graphic novels, you get a lot of young people trying their hand at bringing some of these these characters to life (not to mention Cosplay, but I think we got that covered - albeit we tend to keep to our own characters...).

I do draw in an anime-eske style..That's where i started. I do draw steampunk themes every now and again.

The only piece i could find quickly was a request i did at a furry forum.

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
annevpreussen
Gunner

Captain Annemarie of the Eagle's Arrow Airship

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 05:50:37 pm »

A lot of members have art examples on the 2d Art Thread; maybe you could try looking there? It's an older thread, so not everyone is still active, but maybe you could check if the more recent posters are open for commissions!

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,4001.0.html

I wear goggles so you can't see when I'm staring at you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: