The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 09:49:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple more creations to share from the Bad Dog - Pic Heavy  (Read 511 times)
Bad Dog
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Creator of Clocks

@BadDogDesigns_
« on: April 21, 2017, 03:29:30 pm »

I was quite surprised when I last looked how long ago I had posted Shocked Shocked and also at what I had made since, so if you don't mind scrolling down, then please enjoy some of my later pieces of work!

Think a good one to start with is the 'Gurdy Hurdy' clock:

This is a clock that has 3 organ pipes on the side, and at the rear is a set of bellows. On the hour a motor pushes the bellows open, against a piece of elastic. Once the motor has passed centre, it no longer engages with the bellows and then the elastic shuts them very quickly - which then sounds the pipes.

There is a manual 'Toot' button on the top if you can't wait an hour to hear it again!

Another nice one is 'Compos Mentis' this is an old medical electric shock machine that I've restored and added in a Nixie clock:

You can fold down one of the flaps once the lid is closed and just have the time visible inside:

Here is something called the compass clock, it has got the insides from an old WWII Spitfire directional indicator and I have added a small motor to it.
As the clock displays the time, the compass dial in the middle slowly rotates.

Another couple of the very cute little Gordon MK 6 clocks..

And then a monster Double Gordon clock - has a large time readout on the top, and a 2nd timezone display along with a temperature readout:

Then a very tiny little clock that has all the internal gears on display that are motorized:

Very fiddly to put together - physically about the size of a can of coke.

A very pretty little Pandora clock:

The gear train on the front is motorised, and the piston goes in and out as the clock runs.. a bit noisy, sounds like someone starting a vintage car! Grin

Another large one, I called it Excalibur:

Made from an old resistance box, I put a load of LED's inside where the gaps are in the brass blocks on the front, and a little PIC chip sequences some pretty patterns through them..

I've probably taken up enough of your valuable time gentlefolk,  I've bundles more but won't keep you!

Best wishes,

Bad Dog

Lord Pentecost
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 07:37:36 pm »

Splendid as always Bad Dog.

"A lot of people never use their initiative because no-one told them to" - Banksy
Hektor Plasm
Zeppelin Captain

All-Round Oddfellow.

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 07:40:56 pm »

Wow! You've really got into the swing of these lovely things!
I was wondering how you were getting on the other day during an idle muse, and I'm glad to see you have been merely beavering away.

Good show sir, and more steam to you!

HP

"all die! o, the embarrassment."
H Plasm Esq. ICUE    Avatar by and with kind permission of Dr Geof. Ta!!

Some musings:-
http://hektorplasm.blogspot.co.uk/
frances
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 10:16:30 pm »

Gosh Sir!
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 01:37:51 am »

Oh my! Grin
Bad Dog
Gunner

Creator of Clocks

@BadDogDesigns_
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 08:29:29 am »

Thank you all  Smiley yes, busy beavering away to the point where I've gone part time at my day job, with a quit date in December. I will then be solely making these clocks for a living  Shocked A bit of a leap of faith, but to end up doing something you enjoy with a passion as a Job must be good. Posted my first clock here in 2014!
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 01:00:13 pm »

My word, you have been a busy bunny! Shocked

Like 'em all, you are the king of the Nixie clock niche.

Good luck in your future endeavours, big step, but a fruitfull one, I hope.

Slightly envious of your abilities, and really must get around to doing one of these, one day.......... Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: