The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 24, 2017, 12:10:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Writer - Need Some Volunteer Readers  (Read 466 times)
Xbwalker
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: April 05, 2017, 01:00:26 am »

First of all, thanks mod for deleting my old post. Now I can post a proper one. Smiley

If anyone here is interested in helping me as I go along, I am about 12 chapters into a steampunk/fantasy/scifi novel. I have done a bit of refining and it's now ready for a few people to read in on. I can PM you a google doc with permissions to comment (if you see something that needs changing, you can comment on it without changing it).

I look forward to your feedback. 

Thank you all Smiley

NoirMagus
Deck Hand
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 12:07:55 am »

I actually copied your first (now deleted) post into a word document and started to go through and make some comments. When I'm done I'll let you know.

Are you all good with a word document, I could go into google docs if you'd prefer?

Cheers,

Gareth
Xbwalker
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 12:27:13 am »

I actually copied your first (now deleted) post into a word document and started to go through and make some comments. When I'm done I'll let you know.

Are you all good with a word document, I could go into google docs if you'd prefer?

Cheers,

Gareth

Word is fine. In there interest of privacy, it's best to message it to me though. I've also made a number of changes to CH1 since then. Ill PM you the link.
Xbwalker
Deck Hand

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 12:32:04 am »

I sent you the link but, there's nothing in my forum outbox. Not sure if it went through. If not, let me know.
Kensington Locke
Officer

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 11:15:10 pm »

Cheers,

Gareth

Word is fine. In there interest of privacy, it's best to message it to me though. I've also made a number of changes to CH1 since then. Ill PM you the link.

As he already started on Word, that makes sense.

From my own experience, I really like doing the comments via Google Docs.  Much easier to resolve and discuss.  Having gotten used to it, I loathe the days of tryng to review a marked up copy while trying to make changes on the master that has since "moved" since the copy was sent out.
Xbwalker
Deck Hand

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 06:35:29 am »

Thanks guys. I have made quite a few changes. Ch1 is slimmed down a bit and Ch2 was cleaned up using lessons learned. Keep the notes coming Smiley
Xbwalker
Deck Hand

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 06:18:57 am »

Ok, chapter 1-3 are now cleaned up. The rest is still first draft raw. Thanks for the continued suggestions on the google doc!
madamemarigold
Gunner

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 08:20:31 pm »

If you still desire a reader I would be glad to aide you. Cheesy
Lord Badgersworth
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

I game,I sleep,I make things

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 05:45:50 am »

Do you still want people to read, because I am happy to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: