The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 04:03:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help with a game  (Read 421 times)
Wolfwing
Swab

United States United States

« on: April 02, 2017, 05:51:14 am »

So I want to make a text based game that has a steampunk setting, but the main issue is I can't think of a good story or concept or game type. So I would obviously want some suggestions or ideas.
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 07:25:45 pm »

Well this really depends on your view and idea of steampunk, as we cannot tell you your own thoughts. So outline for us what steampunk is to you, and how you want the world to work.

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
Cmdr. Storm
Officer

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 12:33:10 pm »

Have You Considered a Daring Pulp Adventure Setting like maybe Florida during the Victorian Era? hope this Helps.
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 01:30:41 pm »

Research and a long expedition

the war of the giant steam engines

the study of the supernatural (mummy vs steam robot)

the revolt of the proletariat against the upper classes or preventing such uprisings

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
Kodiak
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 03:33:21 pm »

So I want to make a text based game that has a steampunk setting, but the main issue is I can't think of a good story or concept or game type. So I would obviously want some suggestions or ideas.

Sounds as if you have no idea at all, so perhaps you should rethink and do lots of research to find the topic that suits you.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Edgar Allen Poe
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 01:48:06 am »

The old Scott Adams text adventures from the 80's had minimal plot; just a setting to explore and puzzles to solve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: