The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 24, 2017, 05:05:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing: The Wrench & Cog, a steamy soap  (Read 490 times)
pojojuniper
Swab

United States United States

« on: March 24, 2017, 07:29:51 pm »

I'm pleased to announce that I've finally created a steampunk-inspired soap that does justice to the genre.  It took me awhile to figure out what "steampunk" smells like, and I think I've succeeded.  Richly scented with notes of leather, cedar, and a hint of rum; perfectly suitable for ladies and gentlemen alike.  International orders accepted!  Thank you.  www.pojosoaps.com
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:40:31 pm »

trading?

Quin
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

Not mad, just a little odd...

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 05:03:26 pm »

Was anyone else expecting a steamy soap opera?   Cheesy
annevpreussen
Gunner

Captain Annemarie of the Eagle's Arrow Airship

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 01:59:07 am »

Oh, if only! I'd adore having an over-dramatic, badly acted soap about the lives and ~relationships~ of an airship crew or similar. Every episode would need to have at least one shootout, crash, man overboard, or kidnapping at harpoon-point.

Although, pojojuniper, I'm quite the fan of fancy bar soaps as well! Artisan soap is about the only toiletry I'm willing to really splurge on Smiley

I wear goggles so you can't see when I'm staring at you.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 04:45:34 am »

Oh, if only! I'd adore having an over-dramatic, badly acted soap about the lives and ~relationships~ of an airship crew or similar. Every episode would need to have at least one shootout, crash, man overboard, or kidnapping at harpoon-point.

Although, pojojuniper, I'm quite the fan of fancy bar soaps as well! Artisan soap is about the only toiletry I'm willing to really splurge on Smiley

We've had a few Steampunk soap makers in this forum. A few years ago, Ms. Gin Shakespear (still on Etsy) used to partake of this forum.

~ ~ ~

As for the dramatic variety of soap, personally I'd go for Steampunk Latin Telenovellas. "The Daughters of Pancho Villa." Plenty of trains, battle scenes, women in pretty dresses, and men wearing bandoliers. To that add airships, Sombrero drones, and of course Capitan Boilerplate.  Grin

I would look something like this historical fiction movie:

El Atentado (Trailer oficial Alta resolución)

Quin
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

Not mad, just a little odd...

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 05:26:36 pm »

Plenty of videos on youtube fill this bill, but unfortunately they're more of the bad-bad rather than the so-bad-its-kind-of-good variety:

Aurora
Tea Time
Marley's ghost : Ambassadors of steam
Friends In High Places

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:42:49 am by Quin » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: