The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 08:25:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On The Overlap Between Solarpunk And Steampunk's Common Love For Art Nouveau  (Read 667 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: March 19, 2017, 11:56:23 pm »

What Is Solarpunk ? :
https://solarpunkanarchists.com/2016/05/27/what-is-solarpunk/

Why Do He Overlap With Steampunk ? Two Words: Art Nouveau.

Here A Artist Who I Think Represent The Best My Reflection:
http://owen-c.deviantart.com/gallery/

I never thought i was some kind of visionary for spicing my inner steampunk universe with my enviromentalist opinions (although i might be too sado-masochistic and dark comedic to be call a utopist).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 12:08:08 am by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
cossoft
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 02:28:20 am »

Ecological Utopianism?  Hmm.  There's hardly an inch of top soil left, nanotechnology is about to process me into grey goo and the Doomsday Clock is at 2 1/2 minutes to midnight.  We're all going to die.  I'm off to the pub to drive some more nails into my liver 'cause it don't matter no more ...
morozow
Snr. Officer
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 10:16:56 am »

Curious. They would be familiar with Soviet fiction. Only perhaps for them, there is much order and system. Although the "World of Noon" by Strugatsky and philosophy of Ephraim, on the whole have to fit.

Heh. Well, as bile of man, of the old school. To put on a number of "researchers of sexuality," the body of transformers and real scientists and researchers, it is somehow not the same. Cut his tongue and exploring sexuality, it is certainly interesting, but a lot of mind is not required.

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
cossoft
Gunner

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 01:25:08 am »

I like this one:-

It reminds me of Ghost in the Shell.  The proper one, not the current Hollywood one.

Returning to Solarpunk, I read your links (obviously) and the articles pertaining to sustainability.  Very nice.  If it's not too political, would Solarpunks advocate population control as part of global sustainable development?  There didn't seem to be a policy on that either way.
19th Century Space Pilot
Snr. Officer

Cererean
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 09:29:46 pm »

Okay, I'm going to need a diagram. Cyberpunk came first, right? Then it gave rise to Steampunk, which went backwards and forwards and so gave rise to Clockpunk and Dieselpunk, while Cyberpunk went off and had Biopunk, then Steampunk and Cyberpunk came together again and created Solarpunk. Right?

Eh, at some point I'll get on and create Canalpunk, set in a world without accessible coal reserves. No coal, no mass production of steal, no railways. But lot's of canals, and a very urbanised population of town dwellers because the agricultural revolution still happened.

Anyway, back to Solarpunk. It's very young, and more of a proto-genre at the moment still. Nice pictures though. One to watch, as people search for a post heroic materialism narrative. It has potential - taking a risk here, we are allowed to mention political ideas if we don't discuss them, right? - almost as the polar opposite to neoreaction. Well, from the discussions I've seen about it.

So when exactly did the 20th century go wrong with it's sense of beauty? Post war?

Now for some shameless self promotion... http://needsmoremarshmallows.blogspot.co.uk/

- Aetheric Aviatrix
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: