The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 08:58:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honour thy Father and thy Mother, or Genealogical Selfies  (Read 415 times)
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« on: February 16, 2017, 08:37:40 am »

Interesting find I made today at BBC News. Peruvian artist and photographer Christian Fuch os obsessed with the portraits of his German and Latin American family members. Enough to dress - or cross dress - as it may be appropriate to reproduce the period portraits of his family...

Is this a case of genealogy run amok?  Grin  In any case, the portrait reproductions are impressive.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38828042

If you had a trove of family pictures or movies, would you also dare to reproduce your ancestors in living portraits?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:41:34 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:20:18 am »

Thanks for pointing those out. The artist has done an impressive job in changing his appearance to match that of his ancestors. I'm not sure about emulating forebears, but it might be fun to recreate famous paintings in a Steampunk style. Something like The Ambassadors or Un bar aux Folies Bergère might be interesting to steam up.

Yours,
Miranda.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:43:03 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
MoonlitRain
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 07:28:21 pm »

Fascinating work! i find these sorts of projects pretty inspiring actually. It takes some skills and talent to do!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: