The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 09:32:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recards: The Greeting Card that plays a vinyl record  (Read 549 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: February 09, 2017, 12:00:17 am »

From The Late Steampunk And Dieselpunk Fans In Your Life:

Official Website:
https://www.recards.co.uk/

Review:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mTepIBykd4

Sample:
https://www.recards.co.uk/hear-what-s-on-the-7-vinyl/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:02:04 am by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Gregor
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 01:42:02 am »

Hmmmm, I wonder if I can get the complete Abney Park library on vinyl. Then I wonder how long my wrist would last.
Next up, a cardboard cylinder player?  The player made of cardboard, and a cylinder with recorded vinyl on the outside? ?

Maybe somebody will notice this and make a kick-starter?

Anyway, nice. My birthday was yesterday but maybe I can get this next year.  LOL

-G

Could somebody Pleeease explain to my mother that it is steam PUNK not steam PIMP!?!
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 06:02:00 am »

It asks way to much of the recipient. They used to have a toy car that circled around and played records; they should engineer that car down to minimum and include it with the record.
SPBrewer
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Sky Pirate Brewer

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 01:42:52 pm »

It asks way to much of the recipient. They used to have a toy car that circled around and played records; they should engineer that car down to minimum and include it with the record.

I remember those!  Not long ago I bought my Grandson a solar powered car, about the size of a Hot Wheels car.  Now combine the two of those and you would have a solar powered record player.
(It might be a bit fast on sunny days.  Grin  )

The Sky Pirate
Captain of the "Queen Victoria's Revenge"

RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 04:17:21 pm »

I recently saw an article about a kickstarter entrepreneur that is trying to market a new version of the toy car record player; the new version looks like a small box with wheels, and transmits sound via bluetooth. Everything old it new again.

I wonder of this new iteration of the phonograph car is able to adjust it's speed as the circumference of the record groove decreases. I don't think that the 1980's version did that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: