The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 18, 2017, 11:13:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Piscataway, NJ] Steampunk World's Fair May 5-7, 2017  (Read 598 times)
Quin
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

Not mad, just a little odd...

« on: February 07, 2017, 12:41:00 pm »

Hoping to attend this event. It will be my first large-scale SP event, my first event outside of my province, and my first real vacation in nearly 20 years. 

http://steampunkworldsfair.com/

Anyone going? Anyone live nearby? Any advice?  The two official hotels are sold out already so first order of business is to find somewhere to stay.

keithjones
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 02:14:28 am »

Anyone going? Anyone live nearby? Any advice? 

I'm going!  If "nearby" means 2 hours away, I guess I'm nearby.  Advice? - be prepared to be amazed!  I believe that there are some overflow hotels - check the SPWF website or Facebook page.
Quin
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 11:11:10 am »

Yes, 2 hours certainly qualifies as nearby.  Have you been to this event before?
Steampunk Away
Zeppelin Captain

Long Live The Icarus!

https://twitter.com/Steam
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 05:27:09 pm »

I have, and for the last 3 years, it has rained GALLONS on the first day, so bring an umbrella. It is amazingly fun however, and I do believe it is worth the two hour drive.

Welcome aboard Steampunk Away! We are a small custom order shop, creating jewelry, props, costumes, drawings, and models. Email us at steampunkaway@gmail.com to have us create your special order on commission! Have a mechanical day!
annevpreussen
Gunner

Captain Annemarie of the Eagle's Arrow Airship

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 06:18:22 pm »

Oh, I wish I could go! I can't make it this year, but maybe I'll be able to finally visit in 2018  Cheesy

I wear goggles so you can't see when I'm staring at you.
Quin
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 03:47:04 pm »

Tickets are bought, hotel booked.  Now it's just a matter of transportation.  Glee!
keithjones
Gunner

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 01:43:31 am »

Last year was the first year I went - I was fortunate to have missed the monsoon that passed through.  It IS sensory overload, and that's not a bad thing.  I also found it inspiring, as far as improving my kit (and I'm going to add more stuff for this year). 
Quin
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 07:12:19 pm »

Looks like we'll be taking the time to drive!  Shocked  Thank science for cruise control.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: