The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 06:06:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Fortune Teller  (Read 744 times)
bhsfx
Swab

United States United States

« on: February 05, 2017, 10:06:59 pm »

Here are a couple images of the Steampunk Fortune Teller we made last year. Lots of cool "storytelling" items on this piece. This is a life sized prop.

You can check out more at our website: www.titanfx.org

Thanks for looking,

BMHS

Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 01:33:33 am »

Looks impressive.
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 01:46:09 pm »

I'd rather you take the time and post more here instead of teasing and posting a link.
This site is about Steampunk and all that it is and all that it can be. A place to share.
Contributions go farther than "Look".

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
bhsfx
Swab

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 06:25:14 pm »

Sorry if I offended anyone with trying to share picts of the awesome piece (at least I think its awesome) our high school kids made. The link was to other pictures from this build, as well as other stuff we have done.

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 07:06:34 pm »

A lot of work has clearly gone into this and the result looks excellent - your students must have felt very proud when this was unveiled. So, please do tell, did it actually 'tell fortunes', and if so how - speak them, a little card pops out...?

Yours,
Miranda.
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 07:50:04 pm »

Sorry if I offended anyone with trying to share picts of the awesome piece (at least I think its awesome) our high school kids made. The link was to other pictures from this build, as well as other stuff we have done.

I don't believe Drew meant to take (or give) offence. We encourage people to post images here rather than links; many people are wary of clicking through on strange URLs, so you'll get more eyeballs on your kids' very impressive work if you post images.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
steiconi
Gunner
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 08:32:05 pm »

Very nice! 
Can she tell my fortune from here?
Hektor Plasm
Zeppelin Captain

All-Round Oddfellow.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 11:37:25 pm »

That's a great assemblage- it does look very 'real' - as in it looks like it does work- and the Fortune Teller looks like she might suddenly look up from her box and...

Very nice work!  Cheesy

HP

"all die! o, the embarrassment."
H Plasm Esq. ICUE    Avatar by and with kind permission of Dr Geof. Ta!!

Some musings:-
http://hektorplasm.blogspot.co.uk/
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 03:50:04 am »

Fairly correct. It appeared as though the post was a "hey, looky here" and then sneak in whatever(I feared the site address was a sales link) and never come back.
Sorry.
With all the time spent, this was missing the "about" part. If the thread contained an intro, of sorts, and then various WIP and a back story I wouldn't have thought twice. It almost seemed as though one didn't have the time to elaborate on something that actually took time to do and appears to be a fantastic piece!

Please, do not feel offended and thank you for your response and sharing more.

Without me "clicking", is this for an Art class or a special event?
How did this come about?
What other interesting things have been done in the past and is there anything up coming?

bhsfx
Swab

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 06:11:26 pm »

Our high school has the only special effects program of its kind in the world (for high schools). There are two schools in California that are in the process of starting programs similar this year. We've been doing this for 20 years, and have created props, figures, costumes, displays, and makeups for individuals, businesses, independent film makers and collectors. We are the only high school listed on the internet movie data base as a special effects company for our work on the film CROPS.

Our district was having its annual art show, and the theme was Steampunk. We made the prop specially for the show, she now resides in our shop with other lifesized creations.

We are currently working on a steampunk alien vehicle to go on display at a regional robotics competition.

Most if not all of the other work we've created over the years is on our website.
Hektor Plasm
Zeppelin Captain

All-Round Oddfellow.

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 11:32:42 pm »

Our high school has the only special effects program of its kind in the world (for high schools). There are two schools in California that are in the process of starting programs similar this year. We've been doing this for 20 years, and have created props, figures, costumes, displays, and makeups for individuals, businesses, independent film makers and collectors. We are the only high school listed on the internet movie data base as a special effects company for our work on the film CROPS.

Our district was having its annual art show, and the theme was Steampunk. We made the prop specially for the show, she now resides in our shop with other lifesized creations.

We are currently working on a steampunk alien vehicle to go on display at a regional robotics competition.

Most if not all of the other work we've created over the years is on our website.

Wow! Now I'm jealous!

Cheesy

HP
steiconi
Gunner
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 12:31:46 am »

I would like to go to this high school, please.  I would be...um, a senior?

Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 07:20:06 pm »

I would like to go to this high school, please.  I would be...um, a senior?

Yes, I'd sign up too (as a U3A student).

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
SPBrewer
Zeppelin Captain

Sky Pirate Brewer

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 02:16:27 am »

If the accuracy of her fortune telling is fairly high, I shall consult with her before my future missions against the evil empire.

The Sky Pirate
Captain of the "Queen Victoria's Revenge"

Antipodean
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 11:10:09 pm »

I do like the bat.

Did you just go PSSSSSSST at me or have I just sprung a leak?

I'm not retreating, I'm advancing in another direction.
AdventureDepot
Deck Hand
Sweden Sweden

Tinkerer

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 06:45:41 pm »

Impressive!

Such great quality and so costly.

Looked like a tiny model in the first image and then wham, its apparently life size.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: