The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 12:14:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emerald City: When The Wizard Of Oz Get The Game Of Thrones Treatment  (Read 546 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: January 29, 2017, 01:36:26 am »

The Original Story Was Pretty Politised But Not As Politised Than This TV Adaptation:

Trailer:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRCKdYORpiE

Official Website:
http://www.nbc.com/emerald-city

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 02:30:36 pm »

UK Channel is 5Star (Cable/Satellite/Freeview/Online).
First episode is 8th February at 9pm.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 06:04:32 pm »

Yes looks glossy, but will there be evil flying monkeys?

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Anita Reyes
Deck Hand
Mexico Mexico

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 10:22:23 pm »

It look sooooo cool! Yet what happened to the silver slippers whith pointy ends!? For me is sad that almost every adaptation of this story lack the silver shoes with pointy ends  Cry

"Guerra guerra en el monte en el valle, los cañones horrisonos truenen y sus ecos sonoros resuenen con las voces de unión, libertad!"
Suomu1234
Swab

Sweden Sweden

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 10:27:58 am »

It look sooooo cool! Yet what happened to the silver slippers whith pointy ends!? For me is sad that almost every adaptation of this story lack the silver shoes with pointy ends  Cry

I agree! The silver slippers (not the ruby ones (fake) ones)! Wink

Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 12:03:10 pm »

Will they just be doing the Wizard story or also the other stories set in Oz?

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 07:08:52 pm »

Having just got around to watching the first episode all I can say is it looked good but was so slow that  if they decide to do all the Oz stories the cast have got job security for life!
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 08:32:18 pm »

Having just got around to watching the first episode all I can say is it looked good but was so slow that  if they decide to do all the Oz stories the cast have got job security for life!

Firstly I should say I have not seen this programme, but I recognise the feeling of a 'slow' pace; some of these series with twenty some-odd episodes, planned to run over five or more seasons, just string things out for so long you want to shout at the telly "Get on with it!" I know a criticism of many UK series is that they are too short, but keeping to six or eight episodes (e.g. a Ripper Street run) does at least keep things focused.

Of course, my ramblings above mean absolutely nothing so long as people enjoy the series, so I hope those following it continue to do so.

Yours,
Miranda.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 08:35:58 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: