The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 09:46:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archived: COUNCIL WARS Out-Of-Character Thread  (Read 19068 times)
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2007, 03:01:30 pm »

Thank you.  I wouldn't want to scatter the Council Wars game, and I believe that this little place at The Steampunk Forum suffices perfectly in our needs.

I have contacted the Administration with the request of a moderating force being assigned to the Portrayal board.
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2007, 05:50:08 pm »

No offense was meant.  I don't mind if the game stays, in fact its better since I wouldn't have to remember yet another site Smiley  I just wanted some organization.

Again, I didn't mean to seem to be usurping your game.

Tempus Rerum Imperator.

"But that's not steampunk hjghahkahjkfdsahjklfdsa!!!!!11one11" -- Anachronist

20,000 leagues below Chuck E' Cheese
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2007, 11:01:29 pm »

I received word that the Portrayal board is overseen by Mr Dohickey personally and thus I believe we are in very good care indeed should any conflicts arise.
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2007, 05:17:59 pm »

Now the only thing left to do is... play

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding."

-Albert Einstein
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2007, 08:11:49 am »

Ok, so we've been at this for.. what? a week now?  Which I find fantastic.

I understand we're still feeling out how to run this, and so far I'm already seeing a huge storyline emerge I would never have thought of.  The semi-mysterious origins of Salvage, the floating complex found by Obscure, and the sightings of strange things by the League of Ishmael.. This could become very interesting.

But let's not rush it.  I'd rather stuff like that develop slowly for a while.  I'll be making a post introducing this interesting point soon.

In the mean time, I wanted to present an idea that might smooth out some scenes.  There seems to be a hesitancy to write dialogue between characters.  I don't mind my characters being written for, if it fits their personality and the situation.  Not to say that I'd want to give control to move them about, but if they are meeting with you, then please do what is necessary to carry on a scene nicely.  After all, many of the characters were designed to be two dimensional, so I'm not worried about personal growth or anything.  They are part of the scenery.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:53:35 am by fmra » Logged
OHebel Wring
Snr. Officer
The world is only 80 days away.

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2007, 11:23:28 am »

I also don't mind my characters or the Libertine Isles being used as I don't have too much time to participate in this project...

but still think my characters (story) and location is pretty cool!

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes. “
-Sherlock Holmes
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2007, 05:41:52 pm »

Renamed this thread so that all general Out-Of-Character (OOC) Discussion may find place here!
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2007, 12:27:59 am »

Ok, so we've been at this for.. what? a week now?  Which I find fantastic.

I understand we're still feeling out how to run this, and so far I'm already seeing a huge storyline emerge I would never have thought of.  The semi-mysterious origins of Salvage, the floating complex found by Obscure, and the sightings of strange things by the League of Ishmael.. This could become very interesting.

I agree, this seems to be moving along rather nicely, and I think that the storyline that emerges will probably be a very inetrstign one, that no-one would have though of when the fisrt Council Wars post was put up..
 So, lets keep it up, and as fmra said, there's no need to rush, this has the potential to be quite the thing'
Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2007, 01:16:58 am »

And now i own a privet air-ship! Granted Lazaras had to blow a good half of his total money(well he had 50 000 in the bank before this venture...money that was supposed to be split amongst his family truth be told) but its a ship that's capable of carrying cargo, people, whatever.

Now then, where to take this craft(assuming a 15 000 loss for a crew to sign on, maintenance, and stocking of  provisions). Granted this is all rather character-centric, but considering Lazaras also owns what might end up as the main social gathering point for the subforum it goes a long ways to explain his absence from the thread.

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
MrFats
Snr. Officer

Heretic Chronogadgeteer

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2007, 02:33:53 am »

Indeed, and it should generate income for Mr Lazarus quite steadily.

Fueled by coffee, powered by steam
Scientist, philosopher, photographer, writer
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2007, 02:36:11 am »

Depends on how well he can conduct business with the thing.
MrFats
Snr. Officer

Heretic Chronogadgeteer

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2007, 03:05:20 am »

Indeed, Sir. We shall see
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2007, 12:05:21 am »

Yes, this is an interesting story line.
Quite the idea for a book I might add.
I could definitely turn this into a book.
Maybe put it in sequence, change a few things, but not too much.
Its going good and Im enjoying it, I really must say.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2007, 01:30:35 am »

Something I was going to do, however less a direct lifting and more of a hodge podge of concepts presented here and adding them to what I'm currently doing without using actual characters other than my own.

Also is there any way I could get higher resolution scans of the endeavor? I ask because i can't read the included notes on the pictures.
Luminous Grey
Gunner

The sky outside is...

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2007, 12:21:54 am »

Er.... Is there any particular reason the Salvage topic has been locked?  Huh

So I like to get high off the dust on the 170-year-old books in the library. What of it?
Proud Member of P.I.R.A.T.E.S.
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2007, 12:34:25 am »

Sorry, had to preserve a few moments to push together quite a few storylines.  Its been unlocked again.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
Luminous Grey
Gunner

The sky outside is...

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2007, 12:44:17 am »

Ah, no problem then. You do have a bit on your plate to keep up with all that.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2007, 01:17:00 am »

Oh dear....dear no this is NOT good. Just where exactly is this explosion in relation to Lazaras's ship(or can this set off a chain reaction amongst the docked vessals so nearly everyone is affected?) Pity the crew can't just vent the gas and pack the envelope up, but that would mean all that highly combustible hydrogen gas goes to where the fire is, which is just plain asking for trouble.
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2007, 01:43:24 am »

Don't worry, I've written this to be away from people's ship who are not present to handle the situation.  I won't blow up anything that isn't mine or I haven't been given permission to decimate.  Of course, Lazaras IC won't know this.

Also, while it is a disaster, I don't plan on it becoming a major catastrophe, so no need to worry about being trapped more than a couple of days at most.  This should be used as an opportunity for characters to meet, greet, exchange blow (viva la council wars) and wreak some minor havoc amongst each other, should they choose to.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2007, 01:50:18 am »

Ah of course, any city with a dock this large for hydrogen filled craft WOULD have security measures to minimize damages from an explosion. Good thing Lazaras was planning on staying for the next few days anyhow(supplies take time to gather and load after all).
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2007, 02:16:01 am »

One thing I do want to bring up.  This scene is quite busy and there are more than a few characters affected by it.  Even some who may not yet have been mentioned (Mr. Shanks ill crew and Mrs Hazard).  I don't want to rush this scene too quickly because some people have yet to have a first reaction (due to IRL geography and local time) and I don't want to bar them from partaking.  I will be posting to progress as needs be, but I'm still anxiously awaiting responses from some to take cues from (Ottens, since I have placed his ship in extreme proximity and peril).

Please do dilate time as needs be and focus on the personal crisis of each character.  I'm going to breathe for a bit.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 02:17:58 am by fmra » Logged
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2007, 02:41:40 am »

I have to say, I am quite enjoying how this dark drama is playing out at the moment.  My own emotions are raised and my heartbeats faster.  Well done everyone Smiley
Luminous Grey
Gunner

The sky outside is...

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2007, 03:01:18 am »

I know what you're saying. This sort of drama is my favorite part of RPing. Hope this isn't resolved too quickly. *coughs*
MrFats
Snr. Officer

Heretic Chronogadgeteer

« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2007, 03:05:59 am »

once more, I apologize for my lack of patience...indeed, it is quite exciting though..I shall hold my tongue (and bind my hands), until everyone has had a chance to post.
Luminous Grey
Gunner

The sky outside is...

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2007, 03:09:20 am »

Heh, s'all right, buddy. We all get eager. To keep this going, I'll have to drag out your instructions a bit, or something.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: