The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 07:45:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archived: COUNCIL WARS Out-Of-Character Thread  (Read 19062 times)
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 02:03:34 am »

I'd help out running something like that.. Retirement brings free time, and I have DM'ed D&D before..
Cheers
Harold

actually, i do believe this could turn out to be much like D&D
Except Steampunked
What fun eh?
I dunno, this game could definitely develop into something great--------------er

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding."

-Albert Einstein
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 02:16:19 am »

Ok.  then I'll submit..

THE FREE PORT OF SALVAGE:

Salvage is a leviathan traction ship, resembling more a mountain of discarded tech than a town.  Encircling the top of the scrapyards, an airship dock welcomes all.  Between the mammoth treads of the town, mining platforms trench valuable minerals and coal from the soil to be smelted or sold raw to anyone with the right cash or barter.  Damek Kral is captain and mayor of Salvage.  Kral keeps no alliances, Salvage caters to the needs of any customer, regardless of faction. 

PURPOSE:

The Free Port of Salvage is at once a setting and an NPC (minor characters can be played through, but most citizens, especially Kral will be played by me).

WEAPONS:

Salvage welcomes all, except thieves.  Anyone attempting to attack, steal, or otherwise interrupt business in or of the city will face Tesla energy guns, 420 mm cannons, as well as the militia.

Salvage doesn't involve itself in the personal affairs of the Councils, and tolerates the occasional outbreak of war, but if things get out of hand, actions will be taken.

NOTE: copied to a new thread.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 02:18:21 am by fmra » Logged

Tempus Rerum Imperator.

"But that's not steampunk hjghahkahjkfdsahjklfdsa!!!!!11one11" -- Anachronist

20,000 leagues below Chuck E' Cheese
ProfDelphiniusTucker
Gunner

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 02:38:33 am »

I believe there should be another website for this. If no one has any arguments with it. I will be making a website kind of like the game Bullfleet "http://www.bulfleet.com/". So the next round of this game can be much more interesting. However, this will probably take quite some time. Please tell me if anyone has any arguments.

Professor Delphinius S. Tucker
Professor of Technological Masteries, Religion, and History.
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 02:43:31 am »

I believe there should be another website for this. If no one has any arguments with it. I will be making a website kind of like the game Bullfleet "http://www.bulfleet.com/". So the next round of this game can be much more interesting. However, this will probably take quite some time. Please tell me if anyone has any arguments.

While I'm not disagreeing, the example seems very graphical and possible complicated.  maybe just a separate site or board where it can still be carried out text-based.  maybe minimal graphics (I can't draw a durn thing.)  Dunno, show a concept sketch when you get one together.  I think its a tad early to dive in.  Smiley
ProfDelphiniusTucker
Gunner

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 10:17:26 pm »

yes, perhaps you are right, it would be quite complicated, I could at least get a council wars message board.
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 10:35:53 pm »

A message board split in into location forums might be a good choice. Characters could start either at an arbitrary location (e.g. n00b island) or wherever they choose.  Characters could only be on one forum at one time (you can't be physically at two places in one moment, or teleport, unless you have a device to teleport, or a clone...)

Moving characters is as simple as writing "J.P. Fahrquahr jumps into his badger-powered rocket to escape the cyclopean sheep.  He sets course for Albania."  Poof you're character is in Albania.

Structure for a BBoard like this can even be kept fairly simple.

Forums:
Sky Roads
Eastern Mountains
Western Shore
Northern Wastes
Southern Desert
OOC

Eastern Mountains Forum:
Dr. Mania's secret Lab
Town of Switzerville
Nomad Camp

Seems simple enough, no?
ProfDelphiniusTucker
Gunner

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 11:24:32 pm »

It does, but if we were to take it to a REALLY grand scale, with like the ability to buy land, and stuff like that.  With maps and things, we could easily do it that way as well. But we will need moderators.
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 11:29:38 pm »

We always need moderators.
Who would keep the people from **poofing** if there no moderators.
But yes, sounds good to me.
I have always loved text based RPG's.
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 01:43:44 am »

It does, but if we were to take it to a REALLY grand scale, with like the ability to buy land, and stuff like that.  With maps and things, we could easily do it that way as well. But we will need moderators.

I'm for the technical stuff, don't get me wrong.  It would be great.  But at this stage I was just offering an idea for a skeletal structure system to organize posts and storylines and give a sense of dimension (a textual map) to the game.  Also it could be built very quickly, which is another bonus to those of us impatiently waiting for the caboose to couple.
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 01:46:57 am »

I'd help out as a moderator, but we'd need more than one..
Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 02:14:17 am »

I'd help out as a moderator, but we'd need more than one..
Cheers
Harold

You would be a good moderator...
You seem level headed enough, and you seem capable.
I would say I could help, But I dunno...
Ive never been a moderator before...
Luminous Grey
Gunner
United States United States

The sky outside is...

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 05:20:17 am »

I won't claim to be experienced, or even the most responsible, but should need be, I'd be willing to act as some sort of moderator, even if it's only for a small portion. Right now, I am admin and moderator for a small RP board I set up a while back. (There aren't many of us there, but they're a volatile bunch, so I've learned to deal with conflicts.)

If not, I'd be glad to help out with any other matters related to this endeavor.

So I like to get high off the dust on the 170-year-old books in the library. What of it?
Proud Member of P.I.R.A.T.E.S.
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 11:51:17 am »

Why do we need a mod here?  As long as the rules of the game are obeyed, everything'll be fine.
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 02:46:00 pm »

Why do we need a mod here?  As long as the rules of the game are obeyed, everything'll be fine.

Yes, but once someone begins to disobey you see,
thats where the problems come in.
mr gilbert flint
Officer

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 03:23:48 pm »

i thought we where all gentlemen and ladies here .surely you cant mean there would be blaggarts who would act underhandely Shocked

I'M THE DANDY SKYWAY MAN(almost adam and the ants)
member of the P.I.R.A.T.E.S council
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2007, 03:25:38 pm »

i thought we where all gentlemen and ladies here .surely you cant mean there would be blaggarts who would act underhandely Shocked

That is with the knowledge that there is a moderator though,
You'd be surprised.
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 06:09:34 pm »

Hey, you both are pirates...

"There will always be a lost world for you here..." - Atterton

Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash and i am delighted to say i have no grasp of it whatsoever!
ProfDelphiniusTucker
Gunner

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2007, 08:49:23 pm »

Ok, it's far from even ready for use, but please come register for the forum at www.councilwars.tk and I will make the given moderators. It will become better as time goes on, but for now, just register, become moderators and PM me your suggestions. and if anyone would like to design the skin, I need all the colors in HEX. Thank you.
Luminous Grey
Gunner
United States United States

The sky outside is...

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2007, 10:33:32 pm »

Before this gets too far underway, might I suggest switching to InvisionFree? It's what I used for the little board I have, and I think the underlying system's a bit more cleanly set-up. That's just my opinion though.
ProfDelphiniusTucker
Gunner

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2007, 03:47:57 am »

I will look into that and work accordingly. My apologies if I switch, to the two people who actually did sign up at the other forums, when you do sign up I will give you moderator status in one forum or another.
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2007, 04:33:56 am »

I'm in... Please set up the League of Ishmael forum..

Cheers
Harold   (HAC)
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2007, 05:47:36 am »

I'll join, to see how this goes.  I think there should be slightly more planning, but I'm sure we'll feel it out.
ProfDelphiniusTucker
Gunner

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2007, 01:33:55 pm »

The forum will be moving to an Invisionfree forum at some point during the day today. I just need the domain to update it's forward link. you can access it at http://z6.invisionfree.com/Council_Wars/index.php?act=idx until the domain updates. Also, I hope to have this running by the end of march, and we should have it finished by then.
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2007, 02:31:22 pm »

GUYS  HOLD IT FOR A MOMENT THERE!

"Council Wars" should not be moving to another forum.  This is a Steampunk Forum project, and it is much more likely to prosper here at the Steampunk Forum.  First of all, message boards that are dedicated to a specific game are likely to kill that game within due time, because people's interest will faint.  Secondly, here at the Steampunk Forum, "Council Wars" is much better able to draw new players.  And thirdly, with all due respect, InvisionFree boards maintain a very low standard and cannot at any time function as substitute for the excellently arranged community here.

Fourth, may I remind you that although "Council Wars" is an open-end & free RPG, I still created it?  Besides that you could obviously have at the very least informed about my opinion,  I find it very rude to work under the assumption that you can make such a decision for all players, while it seems no more than four members are endeavouring this move? 

If indeed you believe that there exists the need for moderation, than as Game Master I will inform with members of Staff whether it is possible to assign a moderator to a sub-forum.
ProfDelphiniusTucker
Gunner

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2007, 02:58:50 pm »

The forum I created will thus be deleted
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: