The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 12:09:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archived: COUNCIL WARS Out-Of-Character Thread  (Read 19209 times)
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« on: March 09, 2007, 06:59:59 pm »

Concept for a broad scale RPG:

There exist several "Councils".  All are free to create Councils.  Players may only be member of one Council.  Mechanics of decision-making within the Council are determined by the creator.  Councils may be complete democracies, aristocracies or outright dictatorships.  This also applies to member admittance.

If one wishes to create a Council, a thread is posted to announce its creation and its rules, and in this public thread people may apply for membership.  A separate thread is required for Council discussion where only members of that Council may participate.

Council membership may affect members throughout the Forum, depending on the rules and demands of the Council in question.  Council authourity may demand anything from its members within Forum rules.  Failure to comply may result in a member being expelled from the Council in question, all depending Council authourity.

Councils may make War.  Alliances whether temporary or permanent are allowed.  Should one Council wish to wage War on other Council, a representative of this Council announced a declaration of War in a new thread.  This Council should get as much Council members as possible to endorse the declaration of War, and possibly members from other Council(s) as well, depending on the presence of alliances.  If the attacked Council is able to gather more "defense endorsements" within 12 hours, whether they may be of the attacked Council or of its allies, then the War will be decided in favour of the attacked party.  (Only one endorsements per member is allowed.)

Losing a War will result in the loss of the ability to make War of the original attacking Council.  This ability can only be re-gained by winning a War as ally of another Council.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 02:25:31 pm by Dohickey » Logged
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 08:05:39 pm »

Please, let me know if anyone's interested.  If there's a reasonable ammount of people who would want to play, we could start this game up.  Smiley
arcane
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Steamcrunk. WHAT?

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 08:23:59 pm »

What's the medium going to be? Is it an actual game, like a MUD or something, or will it just be a forum-based rp sort of thing?
Lasairfion
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 11:06:45 pm »

reminds me a little of nationstates...
IceSixxx
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 11:31:54 pm »

I definitely would like to participate in some RP.  There's others peoples there that already replies to similar posts.  Maybe it's time to ask the admin to get a little organization for all that?

Goin' to heat up the boiler!
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 11:48:12 pm »

Sounds good to me

Lets try to get get this thing in the AIR!! Shaalll Wee??

Though, if not many people played it... It dosent sound like it would be horrible fun... (thats the same with all RPs though, right?)
This "Council" idea is pretty good though.. What would the setting for it be though? With a Victorian setting.... I can only imagine the possiblitys

What's the medium going to be? Is it an actual game, like a MUD or something, or will it just be a forum-based rp sort of thing?

Either way could be fun game if enough people joined in... If there werent any people, or if there were lots of councils, with a few people to a council, It might not be quite as fun.

If there were a few Councils with HUGE amounts of people per them, This could become quite and interesting game Smiley

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding."

-Albert Einstein
Adml. Etherington
Snr. Officer

Airship Pirate

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 11:58:16 pm »

If we're going to play, then I shall have to announce the formation of the Primary Independent Representative Association of Technologically Elucidated Scientists Council, or the PIRATES council. With myself, Admiral Gabriel Etherington, Scourge of the Airways, as Dictator, of course.

The walls between art and engineering exist only in our minds.
 - Theo Jansen
S.Sprocket
Administrator
Zeppelin Captain

Industria Proficiscor In!

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 12:32:12 am »

This Reminds me of Diplomacy, but here goes:

COUNCIL NAME:  CityState of New Babbage
PURPOSE: To free ourselves from the Imperial's rule by declairing our independance.
WEAPON OF CHOICE: Armies of two story clockwork war-turkeys. (think macy's parade in tank form.)

who wants to ride the turkeys of justice?   Free Absinthe with every sign up.

"It's what a cove knows that counts, ain't it Sybil?  More than land or money, more than birth.  Information. Very flash." -Mick Radley

"Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire." --Fred Dibnah
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 02:36:00 am »

COUNCIL NAME:  The United Christmas Faction
PURPOSE: To know when you are sleeping, to know when your awake, to know if you've been bad or good so your good for goodness sake.
WEAPON OF CHOICE: cybernetic raindeer, brandy  flamers, mince pie mine fields and the dreaded sunami cannon, affectionally known as "The Yule Tide".

Ho Ho effin ho mo fo !

I call an alliance between the UCF and the CityState of New Babbage because Christmas comes but once a year! What say thee?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 02:42:16 am by Clym Angus » Logged

MrFats
Snr. Officer

Heretic Chronogadgeteer

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 06:03:04 am »

hmm...I shall give this a go, eh wot?

Council Name: Assocation of Steam
Purpose: build grand steam machines, armies of them, to obtain greater knowledge, or defend against an evil government
Weapon:Steam Fortress (half aerial, half ground-based) medium sized, hovering fortress

Fueled by coffee, powered by steam
Scientist, philosopher, photographer, writer
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 07:58:36 am »

Council name: United republic of Air-States
Purpose: To unite all floating cities and ports to create a great air-nation
Weapons: A lot of Zeppelins and other airships, all loyal aviators equipped with prototype lightning rifles.

All "inventive" forms of colonization are looked highly upon by us (meaning under-water, treads,whatever).

P.I.R.A.T.E, i must warn you that if you attempt to reap our harvests there will be retribution! All of your vessels that pass through United Rep territory will have to deal with extreme security measures! 

Sorry, can't wait!  Grin
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 08:22:32 am by kiskolou » Logged

"There will always be a lost world for you here..." - Atterton

Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash and i am delighted to say i have no grasp of it whatsoever!
Tel Janin
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 08:16:55 am »

We're all leaders with no followers.

Council Name: Nominally Inebriated Northern Journeymen Association. NINJA

Reason for Being: Sworn enemies of PIRATES, they slip from rooftop to rooftop after dark in search of parts for a diabolical machine. And alcohol.

Weaponry: clockwork powered armour, pressure pistols, kites and the Element of Surprisium (Su) discovered in 1824
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 08:27:55 am »

NINJA, i propose we form an alliance? You protect us from the P.I.R.A.T.Es, and we'll uh...give you hydrogen!Or maybe some new-fangled helium?Or something. Think of something you want.
CapnHarlock
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 08:56:52 am »

In the spirit(s?) of the direction this is going........

perhaps a shadowy hidden Council that goes by the name Aerofoil Cypher, sole manufacturers of the fabulously-efficient  Barium Arsenide Steam Engine? Their motto could then be "All your B.A.S.E. are belong to us..."

Jeremiah Cornelius Harlock
At Your Service

"It's so hard to know if you're bound for a fall,
But better to have tripped than never danced at all."
"Dancing Under The Rose" - The Albion Band.
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 11:53:12 am »

Mr Shank:  this is not an RPG with a setting.  Actually it's not really a role-play game, but rather just a Game.  Since making war pretty much comes down to who is able to gather the most posts in one thread within a time span of 12 hours, there are no "weapons".  You should see these Councils as forum-spanning member groups, Societies.

Of course we will want to limit the number of Councils so first try and find a Council that is to your taste, and if one doesn't exist then create one of your own! 

If you want to create a Council, post a new topic where all Council-related discussion goes.   Smiley
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 09:29:02 pm »

Ah, i get it...P.I.R.A.T.E, I just want you to realize that i am not anti-pirate and pro-ninja, i just am afraid of attack.
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 04:18:15 am »

I do hereby declared my oath of loyalty to PIRATE
BUT I WISH FOR A SPOT IN THE HIGHER ADVISORY
Please respond with your Answer.

Mr. Shank
Adml. Etherington
Snr. Officer

Airship Pirate

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 07:33:46 am »

I do hereby declared my oath of loyalty to PIRATE
BUT I WISH FOR A SPOT IN THE HIGHER ADVISORY
Please respond with your Answer.

Mr. Shank

You are hereby awarded with the official position of First Lackey of P.I.R.A.T.E. and captain of one of our vessels, the (name her as you please).
Now get to work, ye brass-bottomed scallywag!
council thread here
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 09:06:18 am by stiletto » Logged
ProfDelphiniusTucker
Gunner

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 12:21:30 am »

I love this idea. and I am all for it

Professor Delphinius S. Tucker
Professor of Technological Masteries, Religion, and History.
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 01:16:32 am »

Mr Shank:  this is not an RPG with a setting.  Actually it's not really a role-play game, but rather just a Game.  Since making war pretty much comes down to who is able to gather the most posts in one thread within a time span of 12 hours, there are no "weapons".  You should see these Councils as forum-spanning member groups, Societies.

Of course we will want to limit the number of Councils so first try and find a Council that is to your taste, and if one doesn't exist then create one of your own! 

If you want to create a Council, post a new topic where all Council-related discussion goes.   Smiley

Sad, I thought this was going to be for an RPG, I might have joined...

Tempus Rerum Imperator.

"But that's not steampunk hjghahkahjkfdsahjklfdsa!!!!!11one11" -- Anachronist

20,000 leagues below Chuck E' Cheese
Adml. Etherington
Snr. Officer

Airship Pirate

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 01:19:31 am »

fmra, it is, in fact, a free-form RPG. It won't have combat per se, or adventures as such, but that makes it no less an RPG, merely a different sort.

That being said, may I invite you to join my band of free airmen, called brigands by some, known as the P.I.R.A.T.E.S. Council? I presume you own an airship of some sort, and our fleet always welcomes another vessel.
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 01:25:50 am »

Actually, this could easily turn into a true RPG, which I for one would prefer to a simple post-count war...
I ran an RPG on a dial-up BBS, so the same sort of "here's today, submit your actions" sort of turn based RPG could be done..
All we need is someone to be DM...

Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 01:32:53 am »

fmra, it is, in fact, a free-form RPG. It won't have combat per se, or adventures as such, but that makes it no less an RPG, merely a different sort.

Actually, I'd like to set up a non-council to participate.  I'm not really interested in posting-wars, but I'd like to add what might be called a "managed setting".  In other words, a council of me that acts as a trader, setting, plot motivater, and many other interesting adjectives.  If that is alright, I'll post my idea.
Adml. Etherington
Snr. Officer

Airship Pirate

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 01:37:18 am »

lazaras just set up a thread titled "Brass Goggles (neutral)" that's basically a non-council area, I think, and Grand Duchess has already established that she is the ruler of the Imperial Duchy of McIntyre, a non-council one person entity. given that this whole idea is sort of developing as it goes, you can most certainly set up a non-council entity if you like.
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 01:44:14 am »

Actually, I'd like to set up a non-council to participate.  I'm not really interested in posting-wars, but I'd like to add what might be called a "managed setting".  In other words, a council of me that acts as a trader, setting, plot motivater, and many other interesting adjectives.  If that is alright, I'll post my idea.

I'd help out running something like that.. Retirement brings free time, and I have DM'ed D&D before..
Cheers
Harold
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: