The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 08:24:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am the author of The Creative District  (Read 451 times)
Autumn
Swab

United States United States

https://twitter.com/OVUNQ
« on: November 17, 2016, 07:52:03 pm »

I'm not sure where the best place is on this forum to introduce myself, but being that this is where people are talking about writing, and I'm a writer, I figured this would be good.  My name’s Jonathan Manor.  I’m the author of The Creative District.  Right now, I'm pretty much everywhere.  The last place I was in was Los Angeles.  Before that, I was in Rome and living and traveling all around Europe.  When I travel, I like being able to speak to the people in their own language, and I like learning about their food, customs, and culture.  I like understanding things.  I like learning.  Along with being an author, I’m into art and music, and history.  I paint, I like wine, cooking, and tequila; good tequila, not the tequila you would find at a college party in a plastic bottle.  Right now, I spend a lot of time writing and thinking about things. 

Here’s the description of The Creative District:   

It all starts off with a woman who can't stand to watch her son die by suffocation in his sleep.  As she watches the time on his oxygen tank dwindle down, something happens which leads to her son having to watch his mother die in front of him.  Confused by the dates of the newspapers, Ethan tries to come to terms with understanding that he had lost the past few years to a coma, and now walks the streets homeless and lost, all while strange occurrences begin to arise.  It was only when he met the girl at the train station and they both found themselves at the center of swirling exploding glass spheres appearing from the floor that Ethan's life of aimlessly wandering parks and avenues would change dramatically.  Introduced to the world of Creative Breeds, Ethan finds that people could teleport, giants walk amongst the common, and a community of people have created their own culture under the veil of the forest. However, not everything is fantasy. In this place, some people can turn into animals and some can't turn back. People who can create illusions must first deal with the threat of their own imagination. Even in a world where everyone is seen as unique and exceptional, Ethan still finds himself alone, struggling with what it's like to be different.

I blog at https://ovunque.me/ and my book is available on Amazon. 

I would love to meet new and fantastic people.  If you want, feel free to send me a pm on this forum or hit me up on Facebook or Twitter. 

Here’s my Facebook page.

Here’s my Twitter page.    

I'm the author of The Creative District.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 05:09:37 am »

Hi Jonathan, and of course welcome!

I don't want to discourage you from participating or anything, but would you be able to remove the links to your blog etc as per our rules? Or, if you'd rather, you can keep the links and add links back to us to your blog.

The books sounds interesting, who was your editor? That is if you don't mind mind me asking of course.

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: