The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 22, 2017, 09:16:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ruddington Transport Museum, Nottinghamshire, 30/10/2016  (Read 446 times)
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« on: October 23, 2016, 12:23:47 pm »

As many may be aware, I'm a member of a group building a working replica of a late Victorian railway locomotive.  The group is holding it's AGM and Open Day next Sunday (October 30) at the Ruddington Transport Museum just south of Nottingham.  At 11AM there will be the opportunity for all comers to tour the preserved railway workshops (Ruddington is the engineering base of the northern part of the Great Central Railway) and view progress on GCR no.567 (which to date is the cutting and machining of the locomotive frames and motion).  At 2.15PM there will be a presentation on the construction of the engine, and at 3PM an opportunity for a ride down the 9 or 10 miles or so of preserved track to the outskirts of Loughborough and back. 

Part of the day is admittedly only open to members of the 567 Group but Ruddington is a large country park and general transport museum with other things on show aside from merely the railway. 

Would anybody be interested in coming along for the day?

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Esme Moore
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Poet and amateur retrophrenologist

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 12:52:39 pm »

I'm afraid that's too short notice for me, James. I hope the day goes well though!
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 08:38:06 pm »

Sorry James its Coventry trip the day before so I'll be poor

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: