The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 05:29:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk animated short film - Cyan Eyed  (Read 895 times)
Njen
Swab

Australia Australia

www.cyan-eyed.com

« on: September 27, 2016, 09:21:24 am »

Hey everyone, long time lurker here (I've been reading the forums unregistered for a few years). I'd love to show off what I've been working on in the last 3 years or so: Cyan Eyed ([url=http://www.cyan-eyed.com]www.cyan-eyed.com)[/url] as a steampunk themed animated short film currently well into production.

Here is where you all can help (yes, this is a crowd funding post): a few days ago I launched a Kickstarter campaign to help finish the film, which I estimate to be around 70% complete already. None of the funds raised will go to me, as all of it will go into paying the crew and the world's best sound design studio, Skywalker Sound, who are doing the amazing sound design on the film. I'd like to mention that the foley artist on Cyan Eyed, John Roesch, also did foley on ET, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Interstellar! And the sound designer, Mac Smith, has worked on Toy Story 3 and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I myself, have worked on the VFX industry for over 20 years on such films as X-Men: Apocalypse, X-Men: Days of Future Past and The Wolverine. Here is a link to my IMDB page and a link to my latest professional showreel on Vimeo. I've also previously directed two animated short films that have played in a combined total of over 100 film festivals and won a number of awards: The Rose of Turaida and Sneeze Me Away

There is a lot of cool rewards on offer in return for your support, with the most impressive being a stay at Skywalker Ranch for 4 days as an Executive Producer of the film, the ultimate film experience!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/njen/cyan-eyed-an-animated-steampunk-adventure

Here is a collection of concept art from the film (more can be found on Kickstarter):

And here is a collection of work in progress renders from the film (more can be found on Kickstarter):

I'm giving updates for Kickstarter backers every few days, so to keep up with all of the cool developments, make sure you join! And if you have a few minutes to spare, check out my Nezui Facebook page, which is the name I release all of my films under.

Thank you very much in advance for your support, and if you have any questions, I'd love to answer them.

Thanks!

Please support my Kickstarter for my animated short film, Cyan Eyed!
Njen
Swab

Australia Australia

www.cyan-eyed.com

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 10:36:11 am »

I have uploaded to Facebook a very cool 360 degree 3D render of one of the environments from the film, check it out!
https://www.facebook.com/Nezui/photos/a.154046004662525.42492.124572990943160/1293406160726498/?type=3
Njen
Swab

Australia Australia

www.cyan-eyed.com

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 08:36:45 pm »

Another Production Diary update has been posted to Kickstarter showing the progress for the look development of the robot character. To see a better version of this image and more, please make sure to support Cyan Eyed on Kickstarter now! Even a few dollars will go a long way, thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/njen/cyan-eyed-an-animated-steampunk-adventure

annevpreussen
Gunner
United States United States

Captain Annemarie of the Eagle's Arrow Airship

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:55:00 pm »

Oh my goodness... this is beautiful.

I wear goggles so you can't see when I'm staring at you.
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 03:59:45 am »

Yes, those visuals look really really nice!

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: