The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 08:27:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help improving my steampunk blog  (Read 445 times)
Slowrain
Swab

United States United States

« on: September 25, 2016, 04:25:34 pm »

Hello to my fellow Makers of Steam!  I've been chronicling my Steampunk adventures for a few years now and wanted to share my blog with you and get your opinions as to how I can improve it to help the community.  Let me know what you think:  www.antiquarianendeavors.com
Kensington Locke
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 08:03:56 pm »

I found it tricky to see a list of all your posts, it felt like things weren't quite regular, though you had an Archive section going back 3 years, it just didn't feel that way.

navigating that felt a bit clunky as on my hi-res screen, the main logos took up most of the space (that's a layout issue).  I kept having to scroll down to get to the meat.

I'd remove your more personal life stuff, like the post about a vasectomy.  Stick to your core subject, all things steam punk.

also plan out articles and release regularly (like the better web comic people do). Hap-hazard posting, feels hit or miss.

Personally, I'd like to see articles on "how to do X" with a pic of the item to catch my interest.  Or "cool thing I found".  the internet is very visual, so leverage that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: