The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 05:37:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wild West Steampunk IPhone6 Case  (Read 567 times)
WildGoose6
Deck Hand
United States United States

Old West Meets Old East

« on: August 28, 2016, 04:09:29 pm »

I am trying to come up with a wild west steampunk design for an Iphone6 case.  I am a blacksmith/farrier by profession and want to create a case that has a theme based on an 1880's pocket watch.  A typical western theme would be a leather case with some sort of stamping like floral or basket weave.  I want this case to have that industrial look like something a shop foreman or train engineer would carry to keep things running on schedule. I want to blend the manufacturing east coast and Europe whith the agriclultral and expansive west. 

Has anyone done anything like this?  I am thinking of something of leather or bound in leather with silver or bronze fittings.  I would love to incorporate a small working clock face to blend digital and analog in one device. 
Any ideas, sketches, or photos would be appreciated. 

Allen

Die Like an Aviator
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 04:18:58 pm »

Steam Train against the background of a Western sunset.   If you have a low sun, rather than one that has passed the horizon, you could put the traditional clock face there.
Gregor
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 03:48:35 am »

Barbed Wire

It was the future in the 1860's. Manufactured for crop farmers and railroads alike.
Maybe something subtle at the edges, like, " if you pick this thing up you might get some skin puncture so keep your paws off my kit" type of message.
That, and the floral thing LOL

Good luck, and keep us posted! - g

Could somebody Pleeease explain to my mother that it is steam PUNK not steam PIMP!?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: