The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 07:57:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My First Project (Backpack) (Pics)  (Read 540 times)
Lord Vidar
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: August 21, 2016, 12:10:20 am »

Greetings Ladies and Gentlechaps. I have been a long time lurker here and felt that seeing as I am making the push to attend The Asylum Event in Lincoln this year I would share with you all my first project.

I have been working on this on and off for several months (I'm slow) and I have learned so much from it. I should really have made a post a long time ago to show my progress as I went but I am notoriously bad at following through so felt this was a safer option.

So without much further ado, I announce my creation, the yet to be named "Welders utility backpack."

I began like many do with an idea and a purchase of an old welders torch, which I took to dismantling and cleaning up as best I could.

I then gathered an array of parts.

Some wood and many curses later it began to take shape.

I struggled with what to add to the inside of the frontal cage for a while but finally settled on assembling a field from some old wire.

Some more tinkering and swearing later and I'm almost there. Gone is the fabric coated wire to be replaced with coiled copper which I felt looked a darn sight better.

Now as I sit here today I have what I feel will have to do despite ideas flying around my head. I made the hoses by taking old washing machine hoses, coiling single core cable around them then covering that in automotive tape. I was going for an old train hose style.

And a finishing touch

I welcome feedback and know that my work is far from perfect, I don't feel I did too bad for a first attempt however.
Hektor Plasm
Zeppelin Captain

All-Round Oddfellow.

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 10:59:11 am »

Welcome!

Funny how effort increases as the deadline approaches, isn't it?

The little pictures don't do it justice, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the real thing at the Weekend.

I'll be the one who's underwhelmingly attired, no doubt.  Cheesy

HP

"all die! o, the embarrassment."
H Plasm Esq. ICUE    Avatar by and with kind permission of Dr Geof. Ta!!

Some musings:-
http://hektorplasm.blogspot.co.uk/
Lord Vidar
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 12:07:52 pm »

Indeed it does. Also the thumbnails do link to the full images by the way. Smiley
Lord Pentecost
Snr. Officer

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 03:22:35 pm »

The little pictures don't do it justice, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the real thing at the Weekend.

Indeed  Smiley

"A lot of people never use their initiative because no-one told them to" - Banksy
Hektor Plasm
Zeppelin Captain

All-Round Oddfellow.

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 06:45:53 pm »

Indeed it does. Also the thumbnails do link to the full images by the way. Smiley

Himmel! They do!  Embarrassed

Very nice! Too late to plagiarise...  Grin

HP
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 02:03:40 am »

Great idea and nice creation.

Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 07:30:27 am »

Looks fabulous.
Cmdr. Storm
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 08:11:49 am »

Your Backpack is a Superb Piece to See! I'm Planning to Build a Backpack myself,but I'm still getting What i want for it. I'm Planning for it to be a Steampunk Military Backpack. Awesome Job for Your First Build!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: