The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 05:53:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bad Dog - just getting Meaner .. Picture heavy  (Read 583 times)
Bad Dog
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Creator of Clocks

@BadDogDesigns_
« on: August 02, 2016, 03:53:45 pm »

Greetings fellow gentlefolk, I have no idea how time passes so much.... but I have been rather lapse in my posting here, I know you like to see what I have been up to in the old workshop, so I thought I would take a break from the soldering iron and blowlamps, fettling prongs and ratchet scrapers and share some things Smiley

Well, know you like pretty... so how about the little Tempus et Thermo Mk II clock:

I made this as a direct request after making the original Tempus et Thermo:

However those are little clocks.. here are some considerably larger, and suitably tweaked and bashed into being..
First off the 'Grand Master' Gordon clock:

Yes, the gears are all motorized and also slave the drive to the piston assembly - controlled by the knob lower left.

And not much of an excuse needed to fit a giant slab of polished brass on the front Smiley

I also got asked to make one for a company that repairs and overhauls speedometers.. hence the speedo in the middle of the clock,
but felt it worth showing here..

The Speedometer does indeed function, driven by a small servo motor inside - originally taken from an old Jaguar..

I then got tasked with making a miniature version of my time machine clock, so I came up with this:

The parts on the side were originally bits from an Autopilot of a WWII plane!
As I was making a small time machine, I also had a go to see how small I could make a functioning Nixie clock, and this Is what I came up with:

This really is small, as a guide it will fit in the palm of your hand!

I do have quite a few video clips on my FB page https://www.facebook.com/BadDogDesigns?ref=hl If you want to see any of these running.

Anyway, I shall let you all get on - hope you liked looking and brought a smile to one or two faces Smiley

Best wishes,
Bad Dog!
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 06:11:45 pm »

Once again I am blown away. Beautiful work.

Hektor Plasm
Zeppelin Captain

All-Round Oddfellow.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 09:09:59 pm »

So deliciously steamy. I feel inadequate... Embarrassed

Keep on polishing and ratchet scraping!

HP

"all die! o, the embarrassment."
H Plasm Esq. ICUE    Avatar by and with kind permission of Dr Geof. Ta!!

Some musings:-
http://hektorplasm.blogspot.co.uk/
Bad Dog
Gunner

Creator of Clocks

@BadDogDesigns_
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 10:46:11 am »

Will indeed keep on polishing and ratchet scraping..

Smiley plenty more to come!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: