The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 07:38:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ugears- wooden mechanical models  (Read 1181 times)
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2017, 09:44:27 am »

Thanks! 

It is still running about twice as fast as originally designed, but in practical terms all that that means is that I have built a 10-minute timer instead of a 20-minute one.  Turning the dial around to the '5' position and setting it going will reliably time for 2 and a half minutes. 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 12:44:35 am »

Thanks, James.
Looks good, either way.  Cheesy
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2017, 04:48:29 pm »

Thanks.  It does of course need something to stand on and something to keep the dust off; but at the same time I want something that will still allow easy access to it (not something that I have to take off or take apart just to be able to use the timer). 

I have an idea or two; a dome of some description perhaps to echo the silhouette of the timer; that will be part 2 of the build. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: