The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 10:02:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bare Knuckle Boxing Movies?  (Read 399 times)
Cmdr. Storm
Officer
United States United States

« on: June 29, 2016, 09:27:07 am »

Hey There Folks, I've been kinda Wondering if Many of You Have Ever watched a Movie Featuring Bare Knuckle Boxing? I've Seen a few Trailers on Youtube, but it Was Something that i was Wondering about in Relation to steampunk. Thanks for Looking.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 10:25:28 am »

Hey There Folks, I've been kinda Wondering if Many of You Have Ever watched a Movie Featuring Bare Knuckle Boxing? I've Seen a few Trailers on Youtube, but it Was Something that i was Wondering about in Relation to steampunk. Thanks for Looking.

Simulated bare knuckle boxing may have occurred in 20th. C. cinema, but I doubt you'd see too many silent movies or talkies showing actual bare knuckle boxing. At least I have never seen one, with real fighting. The closest I saw would be in Fight Club (1999). Perhaps look for James Cagney movies? He was a "tough guy" actor in early cinema. A quick go at Google turns a movie called "Knuckle" from the year 2011, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knuckle_%28film%29

The reason being, I presume -as I'm by no means an expert on this- that bare knuckle boxing has been illegal in many countries for a great many years now, probably for most of the 20th. C and the whole of the years passed in the 21st. C.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bare-knuckle_boxing

Professional bouts are now held, created and managed by the World Bareknuckle Boxing Association which itself is not recognized as a sports organization anywhere outside of the United States. Any tournaments are illegal and/or unregulated in most countries today[citation needed]. However, in the British Isles where the sports are still very popular there are efforts for the sport to be brought out of the underground and into the mainstream.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:25:47 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
France France

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:09:00 pm »

I remember scenes from the Sherlock Holmes film with that Downey chap.

And a film where somebody plays Shelley who asks for potatoes and vinegar for his meal when invited to an expensive restaurant.

Wiith the logic that if he ate that day luxuriously because of it being offered gratis, his body would want the same luxury the following day… so he preferred to get for free what he would be able to afford to buy for himself the following day.

--
Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: