The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 20, 2017, 10:20:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GAAAAAHHHHHH Mk.VI: The Return of the Son of the 50ft GAAAH that struck back!  (Read 13666 times)
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #575 on: November 06, 2017, 08:34:46 pm »

Mother-in-law in hospital.
Husband has fallen and sprained his ankle.
Horrible burning smell from cars clutch.

Please do wish him all the best from me. The clutch may of course be due to all those lovely hills around Whitby, and presumably the trip back across the Pennines is pretty steep too...

Yours,
Miranda.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #576 on: November 11, 2017, 01:21:28 am »

First day back at work after a week, and I had to call out for to a panic attack. A massive one. Brought on by the most stupid reason.

I lost a 20 year old work jacket. I flipped sh*t over losing a jacket.

I mean, it was my dad's, and now it's mine, and it was basically just a trigger for all the stress that's been building up and not sleeping since since of that stress involves serious bullsh*t that prevents my sleeping.

So yeah. On the bright, my boss is cool.

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #577 on: November 11, 2017, 11:43:51 pm »

Failed a physical for a job due to blood works abnormalities. Brought on by poor diet. The reason for which is that I am broke. And I am broke because I am unable to work.

And to add to the plethora of medical problems I've already had, I can now add epilepsy to the list.

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #578 on: November 14, 2017, 05:24:43 am »

Failed a physical for a job due to blood works abnormalities. Brought on by poor diet. The reason for which is that I am broke. And I am broke because I am unable to work.

And to add to the plethora of medical problems I've already had, I can now add epilepsy to the list.

I'm trying to cipher out what job would need a blood test? I mean, I've done some pretty crazy stuff in my day, but never had blood work for a job... Can you appeal the decision on the grounds of it's not normally like that?

Epilepsy sucks but is manageable. You got this.

Don't forget: Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.

You got this.
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #579 on: November 14, 2017, 09:44:51 am »

Basic blood work is standard in any physical for employment here.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #580 on: November 14, 2017, 12:54:06 pm »

Never heard of it being applied here - they'd probably get told to stuff their test somewhere anatomically painful! Some employers do blood and alcohol testing, but that's only if you are actually working. D&A testing is carried out randomly in Defence for example. Probably looking for any nasty blood-born infections that the blood owner might not be aware of, and, of course, for the other nasty ones like AIDS and Hep C.
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #581 on: November 14, 2017, 03:23:36 pm »

Annnnnnnnnd back from doing my rounds around a bunch of doctors all over the city:

- My GP had me retake the blood work
- I had my prescription refilled (a giant f-word-ing bag of pills)
- Went to the neurology clinic to schedule my EEG appointment (waiting time: approx. 2 months)
- Went to another neurology department to schedule my MR appointment (waiting time: approx. 1-2 months)

And here's the real kicker: Went to the administration office for EU-OSHA to formally object to their assessment of my not being capable to work. Guess what. It'd cost me 800 eur. Which I don't have.

So on the way back home I stopped by at the bank to get a printout of all my income/expenses for the past three months and tomorrow I'm applying for social support on the grounds that I have ZERO money, ZERO income, and am a mental health patient and as such not easily employable. If they don't like it, they can shove it.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #582 on: November 17, 2017, 03:22:47 am »

I will be needing a lawyer. A very good one. Very soon.

F*** my life.
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #583 on: November 17, 2017, 07:50:44 am »

maybe there´s one among our ranks.

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #584 on: November 17, 2017, 09:47:39 am »

About the closest I can give as legal advice is:
 A shovel, plastic sheeting, and lots of bleach afterwards...

Good luck, Mr Xenos.

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #585 on: November 17, 2017, 05:40:37 pm »

Oh it'll likely be fine, my family is with me and all that, it's just my county is utter sh*te, and there are some serious rights violations going on.

I'll get it sorted eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: