The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 12:50:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GAAAAAHHHHHH Mk.VI: The Return of the Son of the 50ft GAAAH that struck back!  (Read 13674 times)
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #400 on: March 17, 2017, 07:40:30 am »

so for the last year I've been scripting, and preparing the visual elements for a big project on youtube. Around about summertime I would have been finished the prep and been ready to start shooting.

It was to be the first of several choose your own adventure stories. Much like the books it was all going to take place in a single video and as each part came to a decision it would use the annotations to jump to the next part of the path you chose. I'd plotted out the cards with the choose your path buttons that would play for five minutes and drop you into commercial if you didn't choose an option by then. It would have been an elegant way to do that all.

The first one was going to be a shadow puppet theatre style story of a steampunk young woman institutionalized for her scandalous gender bending, and the mystery, intrigue and conspiracy she encounters there.

I had scripts for: a cyber punk story that I was going to see if I could find and animator for, a live action fantasy, a live action super hero story, and another script which I would have done with video game sprite style animation.

after that I planned to incorporate some aspects of roleplaying games for some adventures using the choose your own adventure techniques.

Today Youtube posted a message that they are discontinuing annotations on May 2nd.

I have to scrap all of the techniques I had planned to use. I may eventually be able to do some of these ideas, but they will not be anywhere near as elegant and instead be hidden stacks of seperate short videos each with links to the choices at the end of the previous video. It's just clumbsy and awkward.

I will not have the content ready in time to post up before the curtain falls. But I almost want to pull together a script for the you choose adventure and the Role video adventure formats and read them and use the annotations feature while it's still there as a moderately salty salute to fixing what aint broken by taking away something that enables creative use and application that would have an audience, in favor of cookie cutter one sized fits all 'cards' to link you to video creators play lists and merchandise. Cuz  who needs interactive video content when you can sell them T-shirts and stuff.

A years worth of work stomped on.  Angry It may still happen but it will be lesser for the adapting needed to make it work.

SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #401 on: March 20, 2017, 01:42:48 pm »

I've been doing some research online for a project I have in mind (the ships figurehead) and have been looking for sailing ships, rigging, hull shapes, bowsprits etc.

I blundered onto a series about Pirates called Black Sails, I am hooked, love it!

Lots of sailing ships, flintlocks, good scenery and props..... and the story line is really quite addictive, I find myself can't getting enough, so bang goes the research. It appears I will have to watch 3 seasons worth of televisual delight instead of designing and seeking inspiration. But hopefully two birds eh?

Only a slight gaaaagh, more of a distraction really........... No, I've convinced myself wathching this, is indeed research with added benefits.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:00:12 pm by SeVeNeVeS » Logged

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #402 on: March 20, 2017, 03:20:22 pm »

SeVeNeVeS, sometimes research take us in the oddest directions! Grin
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #403 on: May 02, 2017, 01:11:40 pm »

I ran out of brass plate

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

09madasafish
« Reply #404 on: May 03, 2017, 08:27:00 am »

WHAT THE F**K! Is it with tech companies these days and pointless unnecessary updates?  Angry

Logged into my hotmail account this morning to find that Microsoft (in their latest moment of 'wisdom') of have updated outlook (this is latest in a string of them that's made it more of a pain to use but so far have have largely been cosmetic), so that I've essentially got two inboxes attached to the address, one for important stuff and one for everything else.

Now this wouldn't be a problem if I'd actually been allowed to set the feature up myself, or decide what's important and what isn't (if I felt I needed that I'd have done it myself, and I essentially have since I have another email address I use for anything important, like job applications and professional correspondence), or at least had a choice. Except I haven't, and now ALL my emails have been filtered according to whether or not the system thinks they're important or not which is f**king brilliant since it obviously seems to think circulars/newsletters from one company are important, but the same message from another aren't.

I'm actually considering deleting my account, the only thing stopping me is trying to figure out what I'd lose if I did.

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #405 on: May 07, 2017, 08:57:31 am »

I've been neglecting my B-complex vitamin for about a month now. I know the last time we checked it my b12 was low end of normal and sliding back down again. I just keep putting it off and then forgetting about it.

Took one tonight and a half hour later it felt like I was going to vomit and then like my skin caught fire. This lasted for about 20 minutes and now I just feel queezy. It's possible it's a niacin flush, but nuts to that. Look clearly my body is telling me it's not willing to take that anymore, so maybe we get some blood tests done to determine how we are doing with all our Bs before we go dumping more in.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #406 on: May 09, 2017, 07:28:26 pm »

and woke this morning in searing pain, as my digestive system went into full revolt. The pain made me almost pass out and I spent time laying on the bathroom floor with cold 'buzzing' in my hands and feet, dizziness, and a heavy sticky sweat soaking into my clothes. When I was recovered enough to get up and leave the bathroom I took my blood pressure ( 97/60).

and the most frustrating thing about it is there's nothing to be done about it. That's just how my body works. Sometimes it will just do that to me. There's no treatment, surgery or medication that will prevent this from happening.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #407 on: May 12, 2017, 04:53:51 am »

The new owners of this place I've lived for the last 8 years are evicting us. we have one month to vacate.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #408 on: May 12, 2017, 05:38:09 am »

The new owners of this place I've lived for the last 8 years are evicting us. we have one month to vacate.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've been in that position. I'm not sure what I can do to help, other than advice and logistics at the moment. I imagine you're hitting the List of Craig right away, aren't you?

One advantage of having several people in the situation is that potentially you can pool your resources together - depending on how well you get along, vis-a-vis rental of a house. Is that a possibility?

rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #409 on: May 12, 2017, 07:09:29 am »

we were splitting it 3 ways. One is looking for a place with her boyfriend and girlfriend. The other I've lived with for years, and was here for when he split with his girlfriend, and then he became a father and we converted the project room into a nursery and I had a munchkin in my life. He's looking for a place for him and his son by themselves.

I'm partially disabled, currently unemployed and cannot afford the majority of places in this country let alone state or city.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #410 on: May 12, 2017, 07:22:57 am »

we were splitting it 3 ways. One is looking for a place with her boyfriend and girlfriend. The other I've lived with for years, and was here for when he split with his girlfriend, and then he became a father and we converted the project room into a nursery and I had a munchkin in my life. He's looking for a place for him and his son by themselves.

I'm partially disabled, currently unemployed and cannot afford the majority of places in this country let alone state or city.

Hang in there. There has to be a way. I've been homeless (albeit for a very short time), and I am always truly alone as my family doesn't help me at all after my grandfather went into care for the elderly 7 years ago and then passed away.

While getting food from a public pantry, I ended up looking for help in a church, from a  somewhwat progressive couple of "church elders" (non-denominational church) who do charity work while involved with the University (they assist educational programmes for orphanages in South America). In the meantime, I managed to get a hold of a room in a private house through Craigslist and I got a job simultaneously (the job convinced the owners to rent me a room), such that a very small loan for a deposit (from the same Christian couple) allowed me to move into the place I'm in today.

I don't ever want to be in that position again. but the powers that be never allowed me to fall completely.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:26:12 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #411 on: May 12, 2017, 07:23:58 am »

WHAT THE F**K! Is it with tech companies these days and pointless unnecessary updates?  Angry

Logged into my hotmail account this morning to find that Microsoft (in their latest moment of 'wisdom') of have updated outlook (this is latest in a string of them that's made it more of a pain to use but so far have have largely been cosmetic), so that I've essentially got two inboxes attached to the address, one for important stuff and one for everything else.

Now this wouldn't be a problem if I'd actually been allowed to set the feature up myself, or decide what's important and what isn't (if I felt I needed that I'd have done it myself, and I essentially have since I have another email address I use for anything important, like job applications and professional correspondence), or at least had a choice. Except I haven't, and now ALL my emails have been filtered according to whether or not the system thinks they're important or not which is f**king brilliant since it obviously seems to think circulars/newsletters from one company are important, but the same message from another aren't.

I'm actually considering deleting my account, the only thing stopping me is trying to figure out what I'd lose if I did.

Hotmail has been my main email provider since the 90s. They've always been a little "buggy," but in my personal experience, the "Cons" have so far always been outweighed by the "Pros." I stay with my addy with them, whatever they choose to call themselves, mainly because
1. I've had that email as my main one for so long it's become practically synonymous with my actual name for gig bookings, and personal, family and family  business contacts.
2. Out of all of the email providers I've used, it's one of only two that are still free, valid and operating (The other is gmail). I had a Yahoo email, but there was an accidental multiple-account SNAFU (due mainly to Yahoo's takeover of Geocities 'way back when) and I can't get into anything there now for any reason or through any channels. UPDATE: Just remembered, I was finally able to regain access to  one of my Yahoo accounts via the Flickr website. Not sure how much functionality came with it, but at least I can access some of my old St. Elmo renderings and other artwork, and post photos on Flickr.

About ten other providers all either became defunct or started charging for their services - and the ones that started charging are now also defunct as well. So, I guess I'm stuck with Hotmail...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:30:44 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #412 on: May 12, 2017, 07:38:51 am »

Without the help I've gotten from my folks, friends, and other family, I would have been in dire straits as  far as shelter. etc. are concerned several years ago (and would have probably continued in dire straits to this day - not that things are not still a bit precarious in any case). About all I can really do for you is to pray and wish you well, but you have that at least.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:16:32 am by MWBailey » Logged
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #413 on: May 12, 2017, 08:35:29 am »

Roving Jack, the new landlords have to honour previous contracts and they have to follow the law. Do you have 60 day or 30 day notice according to your contract? It seems to me that the renovations you talked about in another post were the preamble in an underhanded scheme whereby the new owners would get you all out of there and then rent the house at a higher rate.

I know that renters have certain rights. A 60 day notice "Notice to Vacate" in cases where there is no "hard eviction" (i.e. due to non-payment) is the standard for Texas. Is legal action warranted in this case?

I know the easy thing to do is just to get out. But a free "legal clinic" might be able to inform you of your state's Renter Laws, and a free consultation with an attorney ("solicitor" for UK residents), just so that you know your rights. Being in your condition, you may actually have a recourse that the other tenants don't have. A judge could grant you a "stay" against the eviction or issue an extension on your contract. Even if it means that you just buy yourself another month so you can find a new place. It's not an ideal way to part with your landlords, but you have certain rights under the law.

Also, I might add that in Austin, the rampant process of "Gentrification," due to the hight rate of growth, has produced a plethora of publicised legal cases, whereby tenants - though publicity alone - in the TV, newspapers and the media have forced the hand of abusive landlords toward more amicable resolutions, allowing landlords to save face and not lose their business before they even start. If the news were to run an article on these abusive landlords I guarantee that very quickly you'd get an offer for an amicable resolution.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:53:31 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #414 on: May 12, 2017, 09:03:37 am »

The new owner is a loan agent, and his girlfriend was one of the realtors involved in the sale. They are converting it to a single family dwelling, for him, his retiring mother, his girlfriend, and her son. They both know exactly what they can get away with.

I'm also aware enough of the renters rights in this state, and the general way this state deals with protections and right. This area is literally a libertarian paradise. You have to find another state if you want a clinic, or general advocacy of any kind.

I've got until June 15th to find a new place (which really means june first because who the heck starts renting in the middle of a month). And that, only because they know damn well they can't push it any faster than that. They are required to give 30 days notice, and since the rental agreement was with a previous owner and none exists with them yet it laps into a month to month rental agreement. Any rental property with 3 or less renters is pretty much treated as not worth the time of the legal system to deal with and they shuffle those sorts of things over to small claims courts if they agree to deal with it at all.

It just occured to me that we can pretty much count on them screwing us out of our security deposits too. They're gonna find any way they can weasel out of that obligation. The doorbell that never worked, or the light above the back stairwell that doesn't work (not a burnt out bulb either). They'll just chalk it up to repairs and deny the security deposits.

I'd not even be as crushed as I am if I weren't losing live in friends and a psuedo family, and if I'd not been down talking to them and offering help and meeting the new owners mother and girlfriend, offering to help with the things they were doing and telling them everything I knew about the property I've learned over 8 years of fixing, upgrading and renting out to the others who have lived here with us. All the while these two face people act all friendly and tell me nothing about what they absolutely had to know was happening.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #415 on: May 12, 2017, 10:04:01 am »

Roving Jack, one of the things that I experienced in the last decade is that neither renters nor landlords were my friends. They're all in it for convenience, and they'll dump you in a heartbeat.

Which is why I'm so adamant to try to find a life partner (girlfriend/lover/future wife, etc. in my case), however long it takes, in spite of how unlikely it seems for me. It seems very few people really were on my side when the chips fell down. Even my closest family left me out to die when they didn't need me any more. Pure luck and moral self righteousness (charity) on the part of a few is what kept me alive. That is no substitute for love, and the help you get from someone who loves you.

Try not to mourn the pseudo family you got. You need to be selfish in this case, because quite obviously they are.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:07:31 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #416 on: May 12, 2017, 11:22:29 pm »

So the health department just somehow managed to find out about the power sanding of lead paint going on down stairs and put a stop to that until they can get a permit (got to love this state, they'll let you make billowing clouds of lead paint dust if you want so long as you filed the right paperwork with the city). But since it is friday after government office hours they can't really do much to file for one until monday. In the mean time I called the EPA into the situation. So at least for the time being no more sanding will be done.

Monday I have a couple of legal council calls, that hopefully I qualify for, do to my disability and living below the poverty line. They should at least be able to advise me about how to and for how long I can drag this process out, theoretically at the expense of the people doing this to us, and tell me how much we can restrict them from coming into our living space when we are here or when we are not.

I have a motion detection camera I got for use with my youtube channels I can set up if they decide to see what they can get away with. And I have contact info for the health department and EPA if they decide to explore their options in sneaking around the restrictions.

Oh and The Borther of the former landlord who was managing the estate... he called his realtor and she was pissed. They can't do anything legally but she's been calling around to other realty companies to let them know about this.

See the new owner is a loan agent and his girlfriend is the agent that closed the deal. They may be legal but they definately crossed some lines. They knew the former landlord said he'd only sell if they agreed to keep the tenants, and said they would in the contract. They knew he'd have never sold to them if they said what they were going to do and are doing now. While it's not legal enough to be criminal or fraud it is most definately lieing to a seller to gain property for yourself.

I contacted Her Boss to inform him of the situation his employee was in and her conduct, and then asked him some questions which he helpfully answered nicely for me. He was sure to explain that she wasn't working as a paid agent of the company at the time and she never paid the company for the sale so technically it wasn't the company. But I imagine there will be discussions involving conduct that bring ethics inquiries down on the company.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they found themselves a bit less popular in the realestate fields in the near term future.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #417 on: May 13, 2017, 12:45:10 am »

Not much consolation, rovingjack, but some!
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #418 on: May 13, 2017, 03:51:05 am »

Give 'em hell jack! But the legal counsel will probably be the most useful. What I'd hope is to see a court order. There have to be restrictions no matter how anarchist the state government is.

In the mean time don't forget to look around assuming you still have to move. This is just to buy time. It sounded fishy to me how they went about it from your descriotions in the other thread alone. They used false pretenses from the start, and chances are the woman will suffer consequences in her job due to this. In fact, it could be a career ending move for her. It may be legal on their part, but in their zelousness they may have tripped over some procedures and ethical etiquette in the industry.

Don't forget the news reporters- put them in the 6 O'clock news!
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #419 on: May 13, 2017, 06:31:02 am »

1) Give 'em hell jack!

2) In the mean time don't forget to look around...

3) Don't forget the news reporters- put them in the 6 O'clock news!

1) politely. I guess I'd call it more actually 'give 'em enough rope'. If you don't go after me and mine you're fine, if you do... toodooloo.

I prefer to work toward win wins. I can take a hit, I've done it all my life. I don't get wound up I just learn to remove their ability to harm me. But you see they didn't do it to me. They did it to Us, which includes a single father and his toddler son who I consider family. In a situation like that I tend to build a cold, hard, resolve. I protect my own.

2) I contacted 24 potential shared living situations in the last 24 hours. At this point we can't turn back anyway. We never intended to stay here for another five or ten years anyway, This ruins the plans we were moving toward but the plan was never to be here indefinately. And with that on the menu nobody wants their living situation to be a staredown at the okay corral every day.

I'm actually happy to learn that in the last six mother the father has gotten into a better financial position that he can get a place of his own. It means I don't have to worry that I'm responsible for making sure he doesn't lose his kid and have to move back in with his parents if I don't find a way to preserve us all together. It is a load of my mind knowing that so long as they have the time they need to ind a place they can land on their feet. Similar sentiments with our third housemate. She's got options and can manage, and it allows me to worry only about myself.

3) Interesting idea. I suppose I could field this situation to some of my media folks. Though I think it needs more story to it than just a hit piece or a hard luck story. I would have to find the right angle.

In the mean time, somebody else made a suggestion that is much easier to implement. Youtube vlog the experience. The reactions to the situations and the courses of action taken. I'm considering it. We shall see.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #420 on: May 27, 2017, 10:21:17 am »

Right now. It's 3:28 AM. I have to be awake at 8:30 AM. My roommates just arrived from a Friday night of wild partying and plopped in the living room sofa to chase the dragon - while talking, screaming, joking very LOUDLY.

In this case, no opium, but say a certain plant which is becoming popular as of late, but remains legal in only a few states, and the ABSOLUTE DUMBEST of all substances - NOx - Assured - in great quantities as they consume- to diminish the number of neurons in your brain by way of oxygen starvation.

Why can't they get high with CLASS? Absynthe? Hell, no! They've never heard of it!  Grin Cheesy

Radio, TV, laughter, the dog barking, you name it. Now it stinks like a skunk farted in the living room, so I put a blanket under my door top keep smells and noises out

AAAAAARGH! 40-something year old men acting like they're 16! Why couldn't they just say somewhere else in the night?

The only advantage to living here is that these guys WILL NEVER MARRY, so I don't have to worry about getting kicked out of the house because the owner (one of the 2 roommates) is going to get hitched - that'll never happen  Roll Eyes

The other advantage is that they never have their "lust encounters" in the house. So I won't ever have to listen to what I had to listen every other night when I rented with my other more "mature" college roommate (actually a 22 year old  Roll Eyes) guy and his girlfriend *facepalm*

Grin What if I WAS the one getting drunk, chasing the dragon and the bustle skirts and being loud for a change?  Roll Eyes *sigh*
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #421 on: May 27, 2017, 09:25:01 pm »

Putting an entire outfit together in a few hours shouldn't be a problem, right?
>me preparing for a very hot keltfest
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #422 on: May 29, 2017, 06:33:05 am »

SeVeNeVeS, sometimes research take us in the oddest directions! Grin

Stranger Tides and Latitudes. indeed!

Right now. It's 3:28 AM. I have to be awake at 8:30 AM. My roommates just arrived from a Friday night of wild partying and plopped in the living room sofa to chase the dragon - while talking, screaming, joking very LOUDLY.

In this case, no opium, but say a certain plant which is becoming popular as of late, but remains legal in only a few states, and the ABSOLUTE DUMBEST of all substances - NOx - Assured - in great quantities as they consume- to diminish the number of neurons in your brain by way of oxygen starvation.

Why can't they get high with CLASS? Absynthe? Hell, no! They've never heard of it!  Grin Cheesy

Radio, TV, laughter, the dog barking, you name it. Now it stinks like a skunk farted in the living room, so I put a blanket under my door top keep smells and noises out

AAAAAARGH! 40-something year old men acting like they're 16! Why couldn't they just say somewhere else in the night?

The only advantage to living here is that these guys WILL NEVER MARRY, so I don't have to worry about getting kicked out of the house because the owner (one of the 2 roommates) is going to get hitched - that'll never happen  Roll Eyes

The other advantage is that they never have their "lust encounters" in the house. So I won't ever have to listen to what I had to listen every other night when I rented with my other more "mature" college roommate (actually a 22 year old  Roll Eyes) guy and his girlfriend *facepalm*

Grin What if I WAS the one getting drunk, chasing the dragon and the bustle skirts and being loud for a change?  Roll Eyes *sigh*

Not sure what "chasing the dragon" is (sounds actually kind of fun, but I'm probably misunderstanding massively - I'm so sheltered. *smirk*)

Well, why don't you go chase a few bustles? As for the *cough* secondhand recreational fumigation, that can get a bit fun too, but only if you don't mind failing a certain type of blood or urine test in the near future...

>me preparing for a very hot keltfest

I wouldn't know, a wheel cap, and a makeshift poncho are the only things I've made (at different times) on an overnight marathon. I still wear the wheel cap at reenactments and dulcimer festivals, but  the "Poncho" (actually just a wool Marlboro Merchandise plaid  blanket with a rough-cut head hole and huge overcoat-size horn buttons added on the sides, originally intended for carrying my NA Flutes around) is now used mainly as a sort of housecoat. Still, if you've the needle, thread, and the knowhow, have at it!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 06:51:50 am by MWBailey » Logged
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #423 on: May 29, 2017, 10:17:27 am »

You mean there's another way to do it?

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #424 on: May 29, 2017, 11:48:57 am »

Why can't they get high with CLASS? Absynthe? Hell, no! They've never heard of it!  Grin Cheesy

The only advantage to living here is that these guys WILL NEVER MARRY, so I don't have to worry about getting kicked out of the house because the owner (one of the 2 roommates) is going to get hitched - that'll never happen  Roll Eyes

The other advantage is that they never have their "lust encounters" in the house. So I won't ever have to listen to what I had to listen every other night when I rented with my other more "mature" college roommate (actually a 22 year old  Roll Eyes) guy and his girlfriend *facepalm*

Grin What if I WAS the one getting drunk, chasing the dragon and the bustle skirts and being loud for a change?  Roll Eyes *sigh*

Not sure what "chasing the dragon" is (sounds actually kind of fun, but I'm probably misunderstanding massively - I'm so sheltered. *smirk*)

Well, why don't you go chase a few bustles? As for the *cough* secondhand recreational fumigation, that can get a bit fun too, but only if you don't mind failing a certain type of blood or urine test in the near future...

I'm suprised that someone of erudite disposition like yourself doesn't know what "Chasing the Dragon" means. It is the 19th. C. slang for getting high on opium, specifically, and derivatives thereof such as Laudanum. My roomates don't consume opiates, so I guess they are chaisng a mythical beast of another kind. A Wyvern perhaps?

Either way I prefer to chase no beasts nor monsters. Alcohol and caffeine is as bad as I get. And alcohol already counts a a strong beast as it is.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: