The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 01:56:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An odd image loading problem  (Read 528 times)
Crescat Scientia
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Fabricator and temporally confused.

« on: June 05, 2016, 02:54:26 pm »

A few minutes ago on this thread: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47913.0/topicseen.html

I saw Frances, zeppelin captain's avatar in each post substituted for the little red gear icon that logs how long a person has been on-site.

That is, where someone's identifier would normally have five red gears, I saw five identical small photos of a woman in a corset, and so on down the page.

Reloading the page -- once I had realized why at first it looked like every post was posted by the same person -- produced a pale green object I didn't have time to recognize because reloading again brought back the normal red gears.

Is it something I cached?

Living on steam isn't easy.
-- Jessica Fortunato

Have you heard?  It's in the stars, next July we collide with Mars.
-- Cole Porter

That's not sinister at all.
-- Old family saying
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 08:47:46 pm »

Seems like it was a brief glitch of some sort, either the BG server or your web browser at fault, but hard to say which... Undecided

The limited forum information I can view shows no errors listed under your username, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a server glitch - just that the forum software is creaking along as normal.

Keep an eye open for a re-occurrence of it, and try and grab a screen-shot* if you can.

*( PC, press "Print Screen / SysRq" key on keyboard, then "paste" into an image editor and save it to a file.
For Mac, Press Command+Shift+3 together. Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.)

Otherwise, don't worry about it - it probably won't happen again, most likely just garbled data being displayed incorrectly by the browser. Smiley

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: