The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 10:38:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Room in Unity Game Engine  (Read 467 times)
spacebovine
Officer
Australia Australia

« on: June 04, 2016, 01:34:03 pm »

Hi folks. This is something a little different...tactile, but only virtually tactile. I'm pretty sure that it still belongs in this section though.
I've been working at putting together some lessons in the Unity Game Engine for a University course I teach into and I figured that I might as well have a bit of fun along the way. So I've been making a small environment, a Steampunk kinda room. It's only a small space and there isn't much to it, but I figured that some of you might get a kick out of it.
I've made all of the assets in a mix of Blender and 3dsMax and the game engine is Unity.
I've uploaded a zip file that can be extracted and played on a Windows based PC. I can create a Mac version if anyone is really interested.
The file is about 70 mb, so just be aware that there is a bit of a download involved. The link should take you to a Dropbox page where you can hit "Download"
You can walk around the room with the cursor keys and look around with the mouse. If you hit the esc key it will take you to a quit menu.
This is only a work in progress, so don't expect too much Smiley
Here is an image to show you what the room looks like, but obviously it's all about the interactivity.
Have fun Smiley

...and here is the link to the zip file...you'll need to extract it and then play the .exe file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ete57nhj0mc7ojn/poeroom.zip?dl=0

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:36:05 pm by spacebovine » Logged

First pants... then shoes
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 01:45:29 pm »

A real raven and not a clockwork raven? Grin

spacebovine
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 01:48:42 pm »

Haha... I can't be too predictable Smiley
Sir Farthington-Smythe
Gunner
Canada Canada

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 04:42:07 pm »

Zoetrope!  Nice touch.
spacebovine
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 09:14:57 pm »

I figured that an old school animation tool would be an ironically appropriate object to create in such a modern format. Glad you got it working Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: