The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 12:58:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heliocraft Phaethusa salvage illumination device  (Read 739 times)
jimbits
Officer
United States United States

« on: June 02, 2016, 08:56:18 pm »

Dr. Richardson James LeGear is proud to share his most recent salvage project, the working title of which has been the "Be STILL My Heart" lamp.

The elements for this illumination device were gleaned, in person, by Dr. LeGear amid the wreckage of the heliocraft Phaethusa which immolated after inadvertently setting down in a mercury pond on Thunsn3 in 4233.27.

Wreckage was scattered over a wide span of the asteroid's surface and the Dr. cannot say, with absolute certainty, that each of the 17 components are original to the apparatus. Nor can he say all the original parts are in place. The Dr. can confirm the appliance emits a beautiful golden glow. It does not, however, dispense any distilled beverages...yet!

(Sorry about the, uhm, "soft focus" on any photos...I was in a hurry! Comments about anything OTHER than my photography "skills" are welcomed!)

Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 01:31:01 am »

looking good!

Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 02:00:36 am »

Nice bit of work! Is there enough (or any) of the heliocraft's skin left to make a shade?
jimbits
Officer

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 12:04:02 am »

I'm afraid not, Banfili.  And, while it's not a bad
idea, I prefer my lamps nekkid.  (that's 'merican
for "without covering"   Grin
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 08:48:06 am »

I like the industrial look of this, could I ask if the two bulbs/ vacuum tubes at the end of the curly copper light as well? Good job sir! Yep, thumbs up from me.

jimbits
Officer

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 05:31:37 pm »

Nope, SeVeNeVeS...the tubes don't light up.  That'd be cool...just beyond my skill set, I'm afraid.
jimbits
Officer

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 05:35:36 pm »

Here's the really, truly FINISHED product.  It's going on my vender's table tomorrow! (sans bulb)
steiconi
Gunner
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 06:44:50 pm »

Lovely piece!
selectedgrub
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 08:08:32 am »

Nice piece, Good luck on the sale.
Thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: