The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 02:30:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Describe Your Inner Universe  (Read 595 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: May 31, 2016, 10:14:41 pm »

We often peek in each other imaginary ,but i don't have  the impression we ever properly do the presentations. So let's talk of the worlds where live our personas or where is simply setted our daydreams.

Mine: Its is not a straightforward steampunk world, but rather a hybrid of bio, stone and steam. Imagine the thought child of a steampunk Shadowrun and the instances where vinci and cuotl technology get combined in Rise Of Legend and you get the idea. Its neither a singular continuity but rather a collection of various alternate history unified by a common canon inspired by my animistic (mostly based by the book "The Origin Of Mythology") and transhumanistic beliefs. Being quite the funny guys, their also a lot of influence by  Walt Disney and 1990's dark comedic kids cartoon.

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:17:02 pm »

But is my fantasy world an "inner" universe?  I don't just have a Steampunk world, but an Aeronautical, and a Dieselpunk one, , and a Jazz one, a medieval one.  I'm having a hard time pegging a single inner universe. It's more like a multiverse.

chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 09:51:28 pm »

Well, describe the whole of it.

Mine is pretty much a multiverse itself.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 08:18:46 am »

Well, describe the whole of it.

Mine is pretty much a multiverse itself.

A have a woodworking and clock universe, populated by Swiss and Bavarian craftsmen building all sorts of contraptions. All the planets are forested, with giant trees hundreds of feet tall. A clockpunk universe if you will, where the worlds are all alpine paradises.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One solar system in the Alpine universe also specializes in the production and processing of brass and copper. In some of those planets, you can find strange people wearing frock coats and top hats. They love to drink tea, they say, and they keep raving about  some lady named "Victoria," whoever she is. If you ask me these people seem a little off-kilter to me.

I have an electronics Cyberpunk universe, where tin, lead, copper and silicon wafers reign supreme. Alll the lifeforms are artificial, and these lifeforms revere strange deities related to music, particularly the music that was played in the radio before the advent of the Internet. This is an Analog Utopia, but there is a movement of digital creatures who reject the old values,and which is threatening the very existence of the Analog Order.

I have a universe filled with music, where you can finds the spirits of Jelly Roll Morton, Count Basie and John Coltrane. The largest solar system in the universe, has a large planet called Jazz, but there are other small planets like the one called Rock and Roll (the third planet from the star). But there is another star system, where you can find the spirits of JS Bach, Amadeus Mozart, and Beethoven. But the mist beautiful of all the planets is named Piano, and there you will finmd such people as Frederic Chopin.  In the the farthest most secluded of those planets, you will find the spirit if Abbess Hildegard Von Bingen who continuosuly chants songs about her visons of God and Heaven.  She is a strange one, but her songs will mesmerize you.

There's another universe exclusively containing water and gas giant planets. There are no rocky planets there. The metallic creatures who inhabit those planets have learned to fly in the gas or float in the liquid surface. There are many who look like birds, but others look like whales and they float. These creatures drink a kerosene like substance, and breathe the gases which contains oxygen, and that allows them to burn it and propel themselves from the products of that combustion.  There is a third type of creature, however, which looks like a giant rod, and which has developed the ability to gulp the air and hold it in its belly, liquefying it in the process. Instead of kerosene, this creature has learned to harvest hydrogen from plants, also keeping it in its belly in liquid form. When it burns these two liquids it's capable of achieving great heights, and it is said to be able to exit the atmosphere, and even travel to other planets.

In another universe the planets are populated by ugly young men wearing chequered shirts, thick rimmed glasses and pocket protectors. They say they know all the secrets to their universe, and that they can build anything. They exclusively survive on stale pizza and Chinese noodles, and they like to watch something called "Anime," which looks to me like just a bunch of cartoon shows. I never see any women among them, so I wonder how on Earth these people could possibly perpetuate the species. Perhaps they clone one another.

Well anyhow, these are a few of the universes in my mind, I'm sure there are many more, but these are the closest I can see for now with my telescope.
cossoft
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 01:43:29 am »

Wow Admiral! 

Are you sure that you're looking into a telescope?  You're not perhaps looking into a jar with some strong stuff in it?  If it's actually a jar, please post the recipe and /or designs of the still. A most excellent use for brass and copper if you ask me.  I want some...    Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: