The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 23, 2017, 02:47:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Oldest Living Person Dies... and the Nineteenth Century is Nearly Dead  (Read 961 times)
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« on: May 13, 2016, 05:11:48 pm »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/brooklyn-susannah-mushatt-jones-oldest-woman-dies-age-116-article-1.2635657

The world's oldest person and last American born in the 19th century, Susannah Mushatt Jones of Brooklyn, has died.

The last 19th century person, Emma Morano of Italy, born four month later, still hangs on.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_living_people
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 11:51:10 pm »

The 19th Century is nearly dead? Pshaw!

To paraphrase Dickens, as long as we keep the 19th Century alive in our hearts...

I hope some oral historian talked to Ms. Jones before she passed; she's sure to have had a number of amazing stories to tell.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 08:57:27 am »

This may not be true at all. According to records. this man in Indonesia was born in December 1870. making him 145 years old  Shocked

http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/headlines/37283642

Bioboy98
Deck Hand

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 02:45:05 am »

Impossible my good sir. No man can live past 120.....unless he is not a man at all.

Hello! I am Sir Watson. But you can call me bioboy. I am on a journey to travel the landscapes to find gears and cogs of all shapes and sizes! I hope to eventually have the time/money to make my own steampunk inventions!
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 08:23:09 pm »

Not just yet:- World's oldest person: last living human born in 1800s turns 117

Emma Morano, the last known person alive who was born in the 1800s, has celebrated her 117th birthday.

Born on 29 November 1899, four years before the Wright brothers first took to the air, she is the world’s oldest living person. Her life has spanned three centuries, two world wars and over 90 Italian governments.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 12:22:52 am »

That we know of, of course!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: