The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 20, 2017, 04:38:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Steamworks ball, August 13th at Cogs bar, birmingham  (Read 987 times)
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

Lady Aveline Tamara Claudia Read III... or Madam T

« on: May 11, 2016, 12:41:28 pm »

Ladies and gentleman, I'm happy to announce that the first of what I hope will be the annual, Steamworks Ball is coming to Birmingham this August.

We're planning an evening of fun, dancing, fabulous outfits and splendid company. It will be held at Cogs Bar on August13th,  4:00 PM onwards.
The theme this year is a masquerade ball. Think Labyrinth but with more Cogs!

There is no formal dress code. Steam attire is preferred but not necessary, so feel free to go crazy with the costumes! Smiley all are welcome!

Any profit from the event will be going to the mental health charity, Mind. Tickets should be available soon for £2.50 per person in advance, otherwise it will be £5 on the door.
Bands and events are to be announced.

We are still refining the details, so I will update this thread as we have them. Save the date and we hope to see you there!

------EDIT------
(Post edit removed to avoid confusion)

On a lighter note, thank you to everybody wo has already expressed interest! We are amazed to see so many people interested in coming and will be working hard to make it a night to remember.

-----EDIT----
Sincere apologies,  I feel like we have arduously messed everyone about where the tickets are concerned but it was a little bit out of control for us.

Basically, we originally planned a smallish first event with a 100 person capacity room and a pretty scarce budget. We have since been given the opportunity to make this event absolutely huge and what is going on behind the scenes right now is incredible. However we want to be sure we can make it happen and of course, raise as much money for Mind as we can in the process, so in order to accommodate the new scale and details of the event, we have had to make one or two necessary  (but slightly reluctant) changes.

£10 is the final ticket price for pre orders, I promise. Due to budget and the way the event is going right now, this is best we can do. it will not change again, so no need to worry.

As to the other developments (the awesome ones), I cannot release any particular details just now, but I can say one thing:

I promise you, we WILL make it worth every penny Smiley Just wait until you see what we have planned!!!!

(P.S. please remember that this is our first event, so we were inevitability going to see a couple of teething troubles. We are now working with people who have significant experience in planning such events and things are running much smoother. I will keep this post updated as things happen.)

Thanks all for your patience and sorry for any confusion. Please don't hesitate to contact me or leave a comment if you have any suggestions or queries. All help is welcome Smiley

Love and tea, Madam T
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:39:59 pm by Madam Takara » Logged

Medicate with tea ♥

......don't piss me off.....or I shall put you in my next book.....
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 05:48:21 pm »

Unfortunately on that date we are away on holiday, but all the best for the event - it sounds like it will be great fun.

Yours,
Miranda.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 06:30:09 pm »

I will definitely be there!

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 08:14:54 pm »

Unfortunately on that date we are away on holiday, but all the best for the event - it sounds like it will be great fun.

Yours,
Miranda.

Thank you! Oh that's a pity, but with a bit of luck, maybe next year Wink
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 08:15:30 pm »

I will definitely be there!

Fantastic! Look forward to seeing you there Cheesy
Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 02:02:35 am »

Have Cogs not sorted their kitchen out yet then?

Good luck with the event.  Too far for me though (200 odd mile round trip)

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish

www.steampunkdj.co.uk  Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SteampunkDJ & Facebook https://www.facebook.com/steampunkdj
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 05:47:12 pm »

Yours,
Miranda.

Thank you! Oh that's a pity, but with a bit of luck, maybe next year Wink

I was hoping that if this one goes well that maybe a Christmas event might be considered...?  Wink

Yours,
Miranda.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:52:03 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
mercian guy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 12:24:58 pm »

I'm looking forward to it, I'll be there!

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
Carl Sagan
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 11:07:56 am »

We will make every effort to be in attendance (if it doesn't clash with anything else... it's a busy summer!).

Is there also a FB event for this? FB has pretty much become my Weekend Planner, I'm afraid!

Also, if there is anything we can to to support this (promotion, advertising) etc please do drop me a message and I'll do what I can to get the word out.

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 11:24:26 pm »

We will make every effort to be in attendance (if it doesn't clash with anything else... it's a busy summer!).

Is there also a FB event for this? FB has pretty much become my Weekend Planner, I'm afraid!

Also, if there is anything we can to to support this (promotion, advertising) etc please do drop me a message and I'll do what I can to get the word out.

There is indeed stuff on FB. There is certainly an event page by Cogs Bar on their FB, we were just talking about setting up a proper page as well (I don't have the myself so I'm leaving it to the boys to organise xD) just search the steamworks ball and you should find it.

Hope to see you there!! Smiley
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 11:40:24 pm »

I'm looking forward to it, I'll be there!

Wonderful! Look forward to seeing you there! Smiley
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 11:44:00 pm »

Apologiss to everyone who was confused about the tickets. Adam went ahead and worked really hard to get everything set up this week and due to being extremely busy at work, I wasn't able to get my announcement out about the price changes before he made things live. As details are announced, everything should make more sense.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 09:48:43 am »

Any report on how this went? With pictures, hopefully  Smiley

Yours,
Miranda.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 09:17:10 pm »

Any report on how this went? With pictures, hopefully  Smiley

Yours,
Miranda.

I'm sorry to report that the event didn't actually go ahead as planned due to some technical difficulties. I was away the day after Adam made the announcement on FB and everywhere else, so I didn't get chance to put it here when it happened. However, as far as I am concerned it's postponed to next year. Now I'm back home and things are straightened out I hope to have another meeting at Cogs to negotiate a new date and get things up and running so far in advance we won't have the same problem again.

Basically a part of the event we expected to take a month ended up taking a lot longer, so it messed things up a bit. We've learned from our mistakes though, hopefully it'll be worth the wait and the setbacks.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 05:39:41 pm »

Planning events can be a very tricky process and the unexpected often pops up to put a spanner in the works. Experience is a wonderful thing though, and I'm sure this will help the future version of the evening to be even more wonderful.

Yours,
Miranda.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: