The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 03:23:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pygmy Demon  (Read 1049 times)
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 01:49:04 pm »

Looks amazing! Makes me want to step up my game.

Beautiful work.  If you ever want to do wings like that again.  Coffee filters wet with white glue make excellent membranes.

Thanks for the heads-up on the coffee filters, that idea will be stolen in due course Smiley

Tissue paper (the crinkly kind you wrap packages in) works well too. Also liquid latex, or latex carpet edge sealer is useful as a top coat/sealer in that you can mix in acrylic paint and you can give it a texture with a sponge when its partly dry.

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes
Asphalt
Deck Hand
United States United States

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 03:20:36 pm »

I dislike tissue paper because of how easily it disintegrates and rips.  But you are correct it is also a viable material.
montrehomme 50
Officer
France France

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 06:12:01 pm »

Thanks for the tips, I have used tissue with white glue in the past, mostly for dead skin, but I find the masking tape is inherently strong, and even more so when coated in white glue, gives the leathery texture I was after.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2016, 07:07:22 pm »

I continue to be amazed by the amount of detail.

"Crazy pseudo-scot living in a fantasy world"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: