The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 11:48:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Need YOUR Opinion! (College Project)  (Read 493 times)
GatherMyCoal
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: May 01, 2016, 09:39:53 am »

Hey!

I am currently two weeks away from finishing an art based art project based on Steampunk, but I need to show how I have experimented with different media.

So, if you have a couple of minutes free I would very much appreciate your personal opinion on why this theme is so appealing to you as an individual and why you love it!

This may be to do with the clothing, artwork, weaponry literally anything! (But please try to stay on topic)  Smiley

Thank you very much for reading,

GatherMyCoal

P.S Just so that you know I am legit, here is a link to my Tumblr Blog filled with my research > http://jackgathercolefmp.tumblr.com/
Cmdr. Storm
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 10:12:13 am »

i think the Appeal of Steampunk is that it Gives People a Reason to Create,Make,and Show That Craftsmanship is NOT Dead. it Gives Folks a Reason to make things,Do Things,and Encourage Craftwork! it also Helps to Keep Folks from Feeling like Nothing is GOOD Enough compared to Impersonal,Factory Pumped out Goods. and It Also Makes People Feel Proud about Making Something That Wasn't Made by an Impersonal,Robotic System. Hope This Helps.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 10:30:38 am »

Mu glib answer for the genre would be 'everything' - the literature, the aesthetic, the mad and wonderful creative ideas, the 'what if' possibilities of alternative history. For the community, again creativity but also the openness, acceptance, good humour and downright civility of its practitioners. On a personal note. I have a fascination for both history and science, and Steampunk allows for a fascinating mixture of these two persuits. And last but definitely far from least for me, I love historical clothing and the opportunity to indulge in wearing such but without the necessity for absolute historical accuracy (and indeed having the chance to 'play' with the historical conventions).

Yours,
Miranda.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 11:33:58 am »

The clothing, architecture, engineering, literature, the opportunity to let loose my creative urges and the splendid people.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: